Unfortunately, it's all too common for you to lose your phone at home. They circle the house and still can not find the thing. Sure, you could ask someone to call your phone, but when you're alone, you have to find another way. And if you have an Amazon Echo ($ 70 on Amazon) then here comes a favorite AI friend, the Alexa Wizard, into play.
There are actually three ways you can use the echo to find your misplaced device in your home. Alexa can help you track down your misplaced phone with just one command. Just make sure you set this up before you lose it again .
Oh, and if you think you've lost your phone outside your home, findor .
Enable Alexa Find My Phone feature
Finally, there's an Alexa feature that lets you find your lost phone – you can even add more than one phone number.
1. Switch to Skills & Games in the Alexa app.
2. Search for Find My Phone .
3. Tap Enable to use .
4. Link your Amazon account and tap Allow the skill to grant access to your account.
5. Say, "Alexa, find my phone." When you use the ability for the first time, Alexa asks for your phone number.
6. You receive a four-digit SMS code that you must read out: "Alexa, [four digit code]." Then your phone rings.
7. You can add another number by saying, "Alexa, request Find My Phone to add another number."
Let Alexa search, call and play music on your phone.
For Alexa to do this, you need an IFTTT account (if so, then). Here's how to set it up.
1. Log in or log in, click at the top of the search bar and type "Alexa".
2. There is a list of Alexa options and you want to click on all applicable options. Some examples are: Request Alexa to find your phone Hey Alexa, call my device and Alexa, play music on my phone .
3. For each selected option, click . Activate .
4. Next, you'll be asked to sign in to your Amazon Alexa account and enter your phone number. Follow the instructions on the screen.
5. After completing the instructions, you must add another applet to initiate the phone search.
If your phone gets lost in the house, say: "Alexa, trigger" Find Phone. "(If your phone vibrates, you need to pay close attention to the vibration.)
Play a song on your Android phone
Alexa can play a song on your Android phone, but you need to make sure that the volume is louder. You can use IFTTT to do this and all you have to do is follow the instructions above.
Find Android device and scroll through the applets until you find text on your lost Android phone to increase the ringer volume by 100% . Click Turn on and then click Save .
If your phone is connected to Bluetooth speakers or headphones, it will unfortunately play audio through them instead of your own speakers.
More importantand .
The original post has been updated with new information.