Thanksgiving means turkey, mashed potatoes, cakes and a healthy dose of unpleasant family time.
Instead of letting your uncle play football on television or asking your grandmother for the 24th time why you are still alone, you bring your family together with games.
Apple TV ($ 179 at Apple) Chromecast ($ 30 at eBay) Amazon Echo ($ 100 at Amazon) and Google Home ($ 99 on the Google Store) All devices have built-in games that keep your entire family safe and in control of the weird political discussions. Try these 30 games that you can play with your family during this holiday season.
- ($ 599 at Walmart) or an iPad ($ 299 at Amazon) to play. Up to eight players can participate per team. SketchParty TV costs $ 4.99 ($ 4.99). is like Pictionary, but without the mess. Each player has five words that he can draw within two minutes while other players try to guess the word. You will need either an iPhone
- 3via is a generic multiplayer game for Apple TV. Players can use their iPad or iPhone to connect to the game, and you can choose between three game styles: Death Match, Classic (best of seven) and Speed (answer correctly first). 3via and the accompanying iOS app are both free.
- Astro Duel inspired by Super Bomberman, is a fast-paced deathmatch-style multiplayer game in which players try to destroy each other's ships. There are 13 different arenas and various game modes, including an all-in, team deathmatch, ship hunter (a battle for the most kills) and pilot fighter (last man). Astro Duel costs $ 4.99 and the companion remote app for iOS is free.
- Sky Force Reloaded is a popular scrolling shooter that you can play on Apple TV. If you're tired of blowing up your friends and family in Astro Duel, you can co-ordinate bosses with co-operative mode. Sky Force Reloaded is available for free on Apple TV and iOS for in-app purchases.
- Hotlap Heroes is a multiplayer racing game for Apple TV. While the game itself costs $ 3.99, the Remote App is free for escorts. The best part? It works on both Android devices and iPhones. Chromecast
- Fire Team for Chromecast is indeed a Bomberman that lets you play with your friends with Chromecast and some Android devices. Each player must download the free app and connect to the same Wi-Fi network. Then there are four game modes to choose from: Survival, Deathmatch, Flag Capture and Team vs. Vs. Team.
- Doodlecast for Chromecast and Draw King for Chromecast are two more Pictionary-like games in which a player receives a word that he must dry to draw while other players guess what the word is. Both games are free.
- Jeopardy! for Alexa lets you play just like the contestants in the show. Just say, "Alexa, play Jeopardy!" and choose a category.
- Sorting Game for Harry Potter is exactly what you think. Answer the questions and let the sorting hat decide which house you should be in.
- Do you prefer for the family is a family friendly version of a classic game that forces you to choose between two stupid situations.
- Twenty Questions is a classic game where you think about everything. Alexa will then try to guess what you think by asking 20 questions or less.
- Millionaire Quiz Game is the language version of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" You get 14 questions with four possible answers. They have three classic lifelines: 50/50, ask the audience (check the social media) and call a friend.
- Deal or No Deal Game is the unofficial Alexa game based on the TV show. There are 20 cases, with money ranging from 1 cent to 1,000,000 USD. Select cases that you think contain the least amount of money, or play your odds with "The Banker" offers between each round. You can play with or against your family members to see who can take the most money.
- Awesome's Trivia Game is exactly what it sounds like. Test your knowledge from the 80s with your friends and family.
- Song Quiz is a trivia game that you can play alone or with a party to test your knowledge of songs and artists from the past 60 years.
- Volley Family Trivia Game is a common trivia game in which you can play with a group to see who is the smartest (or who keeps the most useless knowledge).
- Mad Libs is a classic game in which you fill in the empty spaces with random words to make the funniest crazy Lib.
- Absurd is the word gives you an absurd request and two possible elements answers After everyone has chosen an answer, the most chosen answer wins the round.
- Ding Dong Coconut is a memory game in which you combine words with sounds. Each round, a new sound is played and a new word connection is made. See how many laps you can take.
- I have never a family-friendly version of the popular party game. Google Home will provide you with prompts, such as: B. "Never before have I had to get stitches".
- Google Home will also give calls for a family-friendly version of Truth or Dare .
- Absolutely Amazing Trivia is a quiz game covering a wide range of topics.
- The Quiz of the American Presidents tests your knowledge of the American presidents.
- Capital Land is a quiz game that asks questions about the issues of capitals of different countries.
- Friends Trivia is a trivia game for fans of the show "Friends".
- Lucky Trivia is a game show with general trivia that can be played individually or with a group
- Planet Quiz tests your knowledge of our solar system.
- SongPop plays a song and you have to guess what song it is. You can choose different artists and genres.
- Trivia Blast is a pop culture quiz game.
CNET's Holiday Gift Guide: The Place Where The Best Tech Gifts For 2018 Can Be Found.