If you own a̵
For example, I recently had to pay $ 99 to Apple for an iPhone repair ($ 1,000 on Amazon) . I used my Apple Card and earned 3% – 3.33 USD – daily allowance.
You can use your Apple Cash balance to send money to a friend, pay in the store, deposit it into your bank account, or deposit your Apple Card balance.
Viewing your Apple Cash balance
Check your Apple Cash balance by opening the Wallet app on your iPhone and tapping your Apple Cash card. In the upper right corner of the card is your current account balance. Below the map is your transaction history.
You can use Apple Cash to build up a balance like a savings account, or spend it at will.
Shopping with Apple Pay in the Store
Your Apple Cash Card lives in the Wallet app, and. This means you can use your cash card at any payment terminal where Apple Pay is accepted. All you need to do is change to your Apple Cash Card before bringing your iPhone near the point-of-sale system.
- Double-click an iPhone X (612 USD at Walmart) or higher on the page key, and then go to your cash card. Place your phone near the payment terminal.
- For older iPhones, place the phone near the payment terminal without touching the Touch ID sensor with your finger. If Apple Pay is enabled, go to the cash card, place your finger on the Touch ID, and place your phone near the payment terminal.
Send money to a friend
With Apple Cash, you can send money to your email address iMessage friends. It's as easy as sending an SMS or a GIF, but with money.
1. Open a private conversation thread with the person to whom you want to send money.
2. Tap the Apple Pay App icon just above the keyboard where the rest of the iMessage apps are located.
3. Enter the amount of money you wish to send.
4. Tap Pay .
5. Compose and send your message.
You must verify the transaction with the Face ID or Touch ID. However, verify that Apple Cash is selected as the payment source. If not, tap the card you are using and switch to Apple Cash.
Remove from your bank account
If you prefer to have Apple Cash in your checking account, you can transfer the money directly from your iPhone.
1. Open the Wallet app.
2. Select your Apple Cash Card.
3. Touch the three-point symbol.
4. Tap Transfer to Bank .
5. Enter the amount you want to withdraw, and then tap Next .
6. Choose how fast the transaction should be processed. An instant bank transfer will be charged while a standard bank transfer is free.
Pay Off Your Apple Card Balance
It's possible to use your daily cash income to pay for your Apple Card balance. How it works:
1. Open the Wallet app on your iPhone.
2. Choose your Apple Card.
3. Touch the three-dot icon in the upper right corner.
4. Tap the button Pay .
5. Enter the amount you wish to pay and then select Pay Now .
6. Before completing the payment with Touch ID or Face ID, select the payment source and slide the switch next to Apple Cash to On .
For payment, whatever is in your Apple Cash account is used and then switch to your primary payment source to determine the difference, if one exists.
One thing to keep in mind when paying for your card with cash is that Apple Cash will be used by default for future payments. In other words, you must turn off Apple Cash as a payment source just before submitting the payment if you do not always want to use your balance.
The Apple Card uses a different approach to credit cards, including a design, that requires you to take a few extra steps to make sure it stays clean.
CNET may receive a commission from retailers.