Google has introducedthe third-party integrations that work similar to skills for Alexa in 2017. Since then, the list of available services – now called Assistant apps – has grown and made it easier for users to access additional news sources, food or book recommendations, and more.
Unlike Google Alexa capabilities, third-party services work for Google Home ($ 129 at Dell Home) . To use them, all you need to know is the call in the Google Home app at More Settings> Assistant Apps or on the web interface, which lets you explore everything Google Home does can. Below are some examples.
Here are 40 of the best wizard apps you should already use.
Food and Drink
Whether it's ordering a meal or prescription recommendations,. Google Home is no exception.
- You can order Dominoes with Google Home simply by saying "Ok Google, let me talk to Dominos" or "Ok Google, talk to Dominos and get my easy order." You can also track an order by saying, "Ok Google, talk to Dominos and track my order."
- With the App Food Network you can ask for recipes from certain chefs, which shows are coming tonight or even to get the recipe for what's on TV right now. Just say "Ok Google, Ask Food Network to send me the recipes now on TV," and if there's a recipe for your time zone on the program, it will be sent straight to your inbox.
- Wine Guide gives you wine pairings for your favorite foods. Just ask for "My Wine Guide" and the app will guide you through the pairings for the dish you have prepared.
- Tender can offer you cocktails, guide you through a drink, or tell you what's in a particular cocktail. For suggestions, say "Ok Google, ask for drinks like a mojito." Another similar app is called The Bartender.
- Beer Guide tells you about your favorite beers or beers that you would like to taste. Just say "OK, google, tell me about [beer name]", and Beer Guide will tell you the beer brewer, the beer type, its ABV and a brief description of the beer's properties.
- Beer Man is powered by Untappd and can recommend premium beers, give you beer descriptions, or tell you who brews a particular beer.
- With the OpenTable app you can make reservations in nearby restaurants without lifting a finger. Just say, "OK, google, tell OpenTable that you reserve at 7:00 pm on [restaurant name]."
- If you are not satisfied with the manner in which Google Home Shopping lists are handled use our OurGroceries. To do this, you'll need to create an OurGroceries account. However, you can manage multiple shopping lists and view them from mobile apps or the Internet. Say: "OK, Google, please add OurGroceries Milk to [list name]or" OK, Google, please remove OurGroceries, eggs from [list name]. "
- Google has made the Nutrition Facts app to make it easier to find nutritional information about the food you eat, just ask how many calories are contained in a slice of pizza, whether something is gluten-free, or how much sugar is in an orange.
Google is excited about.Some are directly integrated with Google Home, such as Nest, SmartThings, and WeMo, but many more smart home brands have added support for Google Home with Assistant apps.
- The Geneva Home app lets you control your GE Smart appliances with Google Home. Preheat the oven , Heat up the water for coffee, ask when the dishwasher is done, ask if the dryer is ready, and more, just say, "OK, google, let me talk to Geneva Home."
- Exactly so you can use the LG app to check the status of the dishwasher, set the AC temperature or start the vacuum of your robot.
- Ring allows you to control your home security with Google Home. Enable motion alerts, start a recording or review your last notification. Say something like "OK, Google, ask Ring after the last ring of my doorbell."
- Similarly, Harmony allows you to control your home entertainment system with your voice. Turn on the TV, start Netflix and more.
- August has recently added support for door locks. You can use Google Home to lock your doors or check the status of a specific lock. Unfortunately, you will not be able to open the doors with Google Home in August.
- When you connect your TP-Link devices to Google Home, you can control all devices-Smart Plugs, Lights, and Range Extenders-with your voice.
- While Google Home lets you check fares directly, you can not search for hotels or rental cars. This is where the kayak app comes into play. Just say "OK, google, ask Kayak for new destinations" or "OK, google, find a hotel in new york city".
- Parks Finder is an app from Google that lets you find near gardens, dog parks and other types of parks in the vicinity, wherever you are. (Remember, you can also use Google Assistant apps from your phone.)
- Flights and Hotels is another assistant app developed by Google that lets you check the status of any flight. You can also ask Google how far you are from a given amount of money, how much it costs to travel to a specific destination, or to find hotels in different cities.
- Hyundai's Blue Link enables remote control of compatible vehicles with Google Home. You'll need to link your MyHyundai account and provide a PIN when interacting with the app, but you can remotely start your car and set the AC temperature, send instructions to the navigation unit, and control the state of charge of your hybrid.
- Mercedes Me is a similar app for Mercedes owners. You can remotely adjust the temperature, start the car and lock the doors.
- Similarly, the BMW Google Assistant app can connect to your car and display status information such as battery status, door lock status and location of your BMW.
- The WebMD app is exactly what you would expect, a voice-driven version of the site. You can ask about health conditions, specific drugs or side effects.
- Your dog's health is also important, and Dr. Doggy can tell you if the treatment you want to give your dog is safe or not. Say, "OK, Google, ask Dr. Doggy if it's safe for my dog to eat apples."
- 5-Minute Plank does exactly what you think – it guides you through a standard 5-minute plank workout. To start, just say, "OK, google, let me talk to 5 minutes plank."
- Slow down and relax with meditation sounds. This app plays two relaxing minutes to help you relax.
- If you are looking for something that you can view, Chill can give you recommendations based on another movie you like and why You like it, like the twist on the End or the tension.
- The itcher app also recommends movies, but also books. Link your Google and itcher accounts for even more personalized, community-based referrals.
- With the Fandango app, you can find new movies that come to the cinemas, as well as cinemas and shows near you.
- Ticketmaster will provide you with ticket prices for nearby events. You can ask for tickets for specific events or find events in the near future.
- Cool Events draws events from Ticketmaster, MeetUps, SeatGeek and EventBrite. Just ask for Cool Events and indicate your location. Tell him from which source you want to know about events, and all events in the vicinity are listed.
- Date Ideas give you suggestions on what to do next time. Everything to change the date is a welcome change.
- To start a blackjack game, just say "OK google, let me speak with 21 blackjack." You get one hand and you can choose to hit or stand. The game saves your profits and losses. You can also ask for advice and according to the official rules.
- Akinator the genie is the classic guessing game. You choose a character and Akinator asks you a series of questions until he can guess your character. It's not often that you can baffle the mind.
- The Magic Door is an adventure game filled with hidden objects and puzzles. Just start saying, "OK Google, open the magic door."
And Other Random Apps
- To hear about the latest products for the day, ask Product Hunt. This gives you the best three products by default and other products on request.
- If you want to track crypto currencies using Google Home, use the Bitcoin Prices app. Not only will you receive the current bitcoin rate, but hundreds of other currencies as well.
- You can also track your favorite stock with Google's Stock Update app. Just say something like, "OK, google, what's Apple's stock price?"
- Sassy Girl is an artificially intelligent conversation bot based on Cleverbot. Start a conversation by saying, "OK Google, talk to Sassy Girl." Then you can have a conversation as long as you like.
- AutoVoice lets you create custom commands for Google Home. It requires the AutoVoice and Tasker Android apps, as well as a lot of setup. But as soon as it runs, the sky is the limit.
- The eBay app can give you the value of items. Say something like "OK, Google, ask eBay what an Apple Watch is worth." It asks if it is new or used and gives you an approximate value for what it is worth.
We publish a new Google Home tip every week. Sign up for our Google Home newsletter to get these tips in your inbox!
And here is the full list of recent Google Home commands .
Originally posted on February 8, 2017.
Update, July 16, 2018 : Added 12 new apps.