Switching to a standing desk does not mean you have to eject your current desk automatically, and you do not have to overload your workspace with a separate desk, just to a halt. //Www.cnet.com / how-to / diy-ways-to-convert-any-desk-in-a-standing-desk /
A handful of stand-up workstations work well. And for those of you who do not want to take a hacksaw and a hammer, there is no shortage of commercial high desk conversions that are offered for sale.
. 1 StandStand
Most high desk conversions are semi-permanent solutions designed to merely increase the existing workspace.
Put it on your desk. add the monitor or laptop, keyboard and mouse; and set it to the correct height.
StandStand is something completely different. From the beginning it should be a really portable stand-alone converter. It should be assembled or disassembled in a few seconds and stored in a backpack.
It's lightweight, very sturdy and one of the cheapest conversions out there.
- StandStand is incredibly affordable and starts at just $ 69 (about $ 45 in the UK and $ 95 in Australia) Birch Model and $ 99 (£ 65, AU $ 135) for bamboo.
- Although it has a certain amount of "rotation play", it is very robust. According to the Kickstarter campaign page, StandStand was able to endure more than 900 pounds (408.23 kilograms) without breaking.
- It's very light and packable, making it one of the few truly portable stand-up solutions.
- Stand Stand comes in four different sizes between 9 and 16 inches (22.86 and 40.64 cm).
- At StandStand, there is no additional work area in standing height, just enough space for the laptop.
- There is only one workspace This means either your keyboard is too high or your screen is too low.
. 2 Readydesk
If you made StandStand a more durable solution, you would end up with Readydesk, a wooden workroom elevator with two height-adjustable compartments.
Readydesk is large enough to hold two 27-inch (68.58 centimeter) monitors and adjusts to most people between 1.5 and 1.8 meters (5 feet 3 inches to 6 feet) and even has some integrated cable management.
You can also purchase an extra device to get up a shelf or a laptop if you want an extra workspace or tilt and lift your laptop by a few inches.
- The Readydesk is easy to mount (without tools) and highly adjustable.
- Cross struts hold the riser from shaking.
- With $ 169.99 (around $ 110 in the United Kingdom and $ 230 in Australia), Readydesk is still one of the more affordable options.
- Readydesk is a semi-permanent standing desk conversion. This means that you probably will not switch your desk back and forth every day sitting and standing.
- If you adjust the height of your keyboard, mouse, or monitor, you'll need to remove the entire shelf, making it a little more complicated and time-consuming than other adjustable solutions.
. 3 VARIDESK Pro Plus
VARIDESK Pro Plus is one of the most compelling desk conversion kits available today. It's a two-tier system that assembles your monitors, keyboard and mouse in one quick motion.
VARIDESK Pro Plus comes preassembled and is ready to use. Sit on your existing desk, place your monitors or laptop on the top shelf, keyboard and mouse on the bottom shelf, and set the desktop to one of the preset height settings.
VARIDESK Pro Plus is available in three different models: 30, 38 and 48. The 30 is designed to set up a single monitor while the 38 supports up to two monitors. The 48 is designed for people up to 6 feet and 1 inch (185 centimeters) tall and has two monitors and accessories in the top compartment and a keyboard, mouse, and tablet in the bottom compartment.
- It adjusts more easily than other standing conversions because the entire workspace (top and bottom) moves in a row. The 30 and 38 have eleven different height settings and the 48 have nine height settings.
- The VARIDESK Pro Plus has very little working surface in standing or sitting heights.
- VARIDESK Pro Plus is very sturdy and depending on the model model, can hold between 35 and 45 pounds (15.9 to 20.4 kilograms).
- VARIDESK Pro Plus is one of the more expensive high desk conversions from $ 325 (£ 215, AU $ 445) and up to $ 500 (£ 330, AU $ 690).
. 4 Ergotron WorkFit-T
The Ergotron WorkFit-T is a direct competitor to the VARIDESK Pro Plus. It has a very similar design with comparable features and variations. The main difference between WorkFit-T and VARIDESK Pro Plus is that WorkFit-T moves vertically while VARIDESK is moved outward (towards the user) when raised. If space is tight, the WorkFit-T might fit better.
- Ergotron WorkFit-T adapts vertically with two buttons and has a 38.1 cm (15-inch) vertical adjustment.
- Supplied pre-assembled and ready for immediate use
- Unlike VARIDESK Pro Plus, height adjustment without lateral movement is completely vertical.
- The Ergotron WorkFit-T holds up to 35 pounds (15.9 kg) kilograms and provides a good working range in standing or sitting height. The updated WorkFit-TL model can hold up to 40 pounds (18.1 kilograms) and adds a few inches in all dimensions, offering slightly more work space than the T model.
- The WorkFit-T offers $ 398.99 (£ 260, AU $ 545) and the WorkFit-TL can be purchased from ERGODIRECT for $ 445.99 (£ 295, AU $ 610) , which makes it even more expensive than the similar VARIDESK Pro Plus.
. 5 WorkEZ Standing Desk
WorkEZ is the middle ground between VARIDESK Pro Plus and StandStand. It's a small and lightweight upgrade that's easy to install or remove, but also highly customizable with a keyboard tray.
WorkEZ consists of three parts: the laptop or monitor stand, a separate keyboard tray, and a removable mouse pad. The laptop and monitor stand can be set at almost any angle and up to 45.7 cm above desk height. The laptop stand, keyboard tray, and mousepad are independently adjustable, making them one of the most customizable conversions.
- At $ 99.99 (£ 65), the WorkEZ standing desk is sufficiently expensive between the two models StandStand and VARIDESK Pro Plus.
- It can be easily added or removed from a traditional desk surface, making it ideal for sitting and standing.
- Easily customize the most customizable and customizable conversions with custom settings for the laptop or monitor, the angle and height of the keyboard and trackpad.
- WorkEZ is not the most stable stand-up conversion option.
- As with StandStand, there is no additional work area at standing height.
- WorkEZ only fits a monitor or laptop, and it can only hold up to 5.9 kilograms. If you have an extra monitor or monitor that exceeds this weight limit, you need something like LIFT.