Halloween is one of the best times of the year to own a smart home. You can easily automate your decorations and get creative with all the smart devices that are spread throughout the house.
Amazon Smart Smart Speakers are particularly helpful for All Hallows & # 39; Eve. Here are eight ways Alexa can add some more spook to your Halloween this year.
Say Halloween jokes
Alexa has a couple of themed jokes up her sleeve. Just say, "Alexa, tell me a Halloween joke." One of those who gave it to me was, "What's black and white and dead everywhere? A zombie in a tuxedo."
These jokes will not blow you away, but your kids are sure to enjoy them. 1
If you're looking for a scary game, there are some options in the form of Alexa abilities.
- The Magic Door is a popular interactive adventure game. The Dark Forest Path leads you to the witch's house in search of the wise wizard.
- Ghost Detector is exactly what it sounds like. You need to recognize and catch Ghost Bux ghosts that you can use to buy Improvements, Gadgets, and Missions.
- Haunted Adventure is just one of several spooky adventure games.
- Halloween Feel The Pressure is a twist-off of Feel The Pressure with a Halloween twist. You must answer questions based on a letter of the alphabet. You need 10 correct answers in a row to "save your soul".
These are just some of the many Halloween themed games available in the Skill Catalog.
Halloween Music Games
Of course, one of Alexa & # 39; s best use cases this Halloween is thematic party music. You can easily create (or follow) a playlist of all your Halloween favorites on Amazon Music or Spotify – like this Halloween Party soundtrack – and ask Alexa to play them. Or you can use the Halloween Music Craft.
Playing haunting sounds
Of course Alexa can play more than theme music. It can also play scary sounds.
Ask for something like the Spooky Sounds for Halloween EP on Spotify, or you can use one of these different skills.
- Spooky Halloween sounds will play an endless loop of scary sounds until you stop telling Alexa. It's awesome.
- Spooky Sounds by SayGoodMorning.org plays 50 minutes of spooky original sounds (in an endless loop), complete with an audio Easter egg hidden inside.
- Spooky Scream, on the other hand, plays a random number of cries after a certain time. Say, "Alexa asks Spooky Scream to start in five minutes." Turn up the volume and wait until your unknowing victim falls directly into your trap.
Check who's at the door
Did the doorbell ring or was it the TV? Check if there are trick-or-treaters waiting with Alexa.
You'll need a video doorbell – like Ring, August Home or Nest – and a device to watch a video feed. like the Echo Show ($ 230 on Amazon) or Echo Dot ($ 50 on Amazon) . If you have an Amazon FireTV, you can use it to show live video feeds on your TV.
If you hear the doorbell or think you hear it, ask Alexa if you "answer" the front door or "Show [camera name]" to see who's there. "
Tell scary stories  Want to hear something spooky and child friendly? Just say "Alexa, tell me a scary story," and you'll hear a short story about an actor, they're rather cheesy, and they're best for younger ears.
For spookier stories, you can use Boo Bot's ability Activate the ability and then say, "Alexa, please Boo Bot for a scary story." Alexa will then start reading a story from the subscirtor shortskarystories.
Da These stories are submitted by the user, there is no filter and may not be safe for children, work or life.
Create Your Own Creepy Scene
If you have smart light bulbs and other smart appliances in the house, you can use a SmartThings hub or a service like Yonomi to create scenes that make your home normal in a matter of seconds  For example, you could create a scene called Haunted House that:
- Turn on the lights orange
- Turn on a smart switch with a decoration inside
- Play a specific playlist -Music on Sonos Speakers
Then all you have to do is say, "Alexa, turn on the haunted house." Here are some other recommendations from Yonomi:
Get Costume Ideas
If you still do not have a solid costume idea, Alexa can help you. The skill "Halloween Costume Ideas" will spice up ideas until you find the right one.
Just say "Alexa, open Halloween costume ideas." Then answer the "yes" or "no" questions until you find the perfect costume idea.