It's that time again – the holiday in which children disguise themselves as monsters and startle Alexa. Yes, that's right, with the Voice Assistant from Amazon you can make your Smart Home the best Halloween house in the neighborhood.
With Alexa, you can not only conjure Halloween music and scary sounds, but also set up a haunted house. thematic light setting. Here are all options, such as Amazon Echo ($ 70 on Amazon) Making your home on All Hallows' Eve scary.
Play scary sounds
It's not a Halloween with no scary sounds, and there are many Alexa skills that have been developed for this purpose.
- Spooky Halloween sounds play a continuous loop of Spooky Sounds until you tell Alexa to stop. Just say "Alexa, start Spooky Halloween Sounds" to get started.
- Spooky Sounds plays 50 minutes of the original Spooky Sounds (in an endless loop), including an audio Easter egg hidden inside. Say "Alexa, open Spooky Sounds" to get started.
- Spooky Scream plays a random scream after a set time of your choice. Say "Alexa, please Spooky Scream, start in five minutes." Increase the volume and wait until your unknowing victim gets straight into your trap.
You can also request audio like the Spooky Sounds for Halloween EP on Spotify.
Halloween Themes Games
If you're looking for an eerie game, you can choose from a number of Alexa abilities.
- The Magic Door is a popular interactive adventure game. If you take the Dark Forest Path, you will be led to the Witch Mansion in search of the wise wizard.
- Ghost Detector is exactly what it sounds like. You need to discover and catch ghosts to get Ghost Bux, which allows you to purchase "enhancements, gadgets and missions" to improve gameplay.
- Haunted Adventure is just one of several spooky adventure games.
- Halloween Feel The Pressure is a spin-off of Feel The Pressure with a touch of Halloween. You must answer questions based on a letter of the alphabet. You need 10 correct answers in a row to "save your soul".
Tell scary stories
Do you want to hear something chilling and yet child friendly? Just say "Alexa, tell me a scary story" and you'll hear a short story talked about by an actor. They are rather cheesy, so they are best for younger ears.
If you want to hear something more frightening, try the scare skill. Just say "Alexa, please Scare Me to tell me a scary story." It will read you a short, scary story with two sentences.
Playing Halloween Music
Of course, one of Alexa's best tricks on this Halloween is thematic party music. You can easily create (or follow) a playlist of all your Halloween favorites on Amazon Music or Spotify and ask Alexa to play them. Or you can use the Halloween music ability.
Check who is standing at the door.
Did the doorbell ring, or was it the TV? Check if Alexa Trick or Treat is waiting for you.
You'll need a video doorbell – like one from Ring, August Home or Nest – and a device you're on You can send a video feed like the or Echo Dot. If you have a you can use it to display live video feeds on your TV.
If you hear the doorbell or believe you hear it, ask Alexa to answer the front door "or" Show [camera name] "to see who's there.
Create your own spooky scene.
If you have smart lights and other smart devices in the house, you can use a SmartThings hub or a service like Yonomi to create scenes in seconds that will make your home normal to Halloween.
For example, you could create a scene called Haunted House that does the following:
- Turns the lights orange.
- Turns on a smart switch with inserted decoration. 19659010] Then all you have to do is say, "Alexa, turn on the haunted house." Here are some more recommendations from Yonomi.
Get Costume Ideas
If you do not have a solid costume idea yet, Alexa can help you. The Halloween costume ideas craft will give you ideas until you find the right one.
Just say, "Alexa, open Halloween costume ideas." Then answer the questions with "yes" or "no" until you find the perfect costume idea.
Tell Halloween jokes
Alexa has a couple of themed jokes up her sleeve. Just say, "Alexa, tell me a Halloween joke." One of the jokes it gave me was, "What is black and white and dead everywhere? A zombie in a tuxedo. "
These jokes will not upset you, but your kids will probably like them.
] When Halloween is over, plunge into theand read how .
Original article updated with more information.