Almost a year after his announcement, AirPlay 2 has finally landed on the iPhone everywhere. Not only can you control multiple speakers like Apple TVs and HomePods from your iPhone, you can also use Siri to get your work done. It's one of the best features of the iOS Assistant, and if you're using iOS 11.4 with a compatible speaker, you can try it now.
Before you can tell Siri to play your favorite music throughout the house I need to make sure that you and your speakers are all properly updated. Your iPhone must be running iOS 11.4, your Apple TV must be running tvOS 11.4, and your HomePod must also be updated with iOS 1
List of Siri AirPlay 2 Commands
All of the following Siri commands can be applied to a specific room if you have more than one AirPlay 2-compatible speaker. For example, if you have an Apple TV in the living room and a HomePod in the bedroom, you can tell Siri where to send your orders, either "living room" or "bedroom," or both. What makes it even better is that you can use "Hey Siri" to do all this without lifting a finger.
- Play song, track, playlist, genre (eg "Play & # 39; Mr. Brightside & # 39; by The Killers & # 39; over all speakers)
- Shuffle an album (ex "Shuffle & # 39; Pacific Daydream" by Weezer "over all speakers)
- A playlist mix (ex." Shuffle my & # 39; workout "playlist" in the living room
- Raise the volume of a current song (Example: "Increase volume in the living room")
- Decrease the volume of a current song (ex. "Reduce the volume in the bedroom")
- Mute a current song (ex "Mute in the basement and in the kitchen")
- Unmute a current song (ex. "Unmute in the living room")
- Continue to play on an Apple TV or a compatible speaker in another room (Eg "Continue Play" Party Mix "Playlist in the Living Room")
- Stop talking on an Apple TV or play compatible he in another room (ex. "Stop playing in the bedroom
- Play different Apple Music songs in different rooms (ex." This Is America "plays in the bedroom and" Creep City "in the kitchen)
- Play it Recent album by an artist on Apple Music (ex. "Play Lorde's latest album in the living room")
The following can be used once audio is already played on one or more speakers, but a lot of the commands (19659005) Pause current song (eg, "pause music")
Do you know any more Siri commands we missed and that are directly related to AirPlay 2 multiroom Playback? Let us know in the comments below and we will add them to this list.
Do not Miss: 6 Cool New Features in iOS 11.4 for iPhone