Custom routines may include brightening the lights in the morning, reporting traffic for daily commuting, and playing your favorite songs – basically, automating everything you would normally do anyway.
The goal of Alexa Routines is to make your day easier and more productive. Alexa can perform several actions that you've grouped into one group if you give just one command – much easier than remembering what you need to do or requesting requests one at a time. Here's how to get started.
Create a routine on your echo
1. Open the Amazon Alexa app on your phone and tap the menu.
2. Tap Routines .
3. Tap the plus sign labeled Create Routine .
4. Select In this case and determine how you want to trigger the routine. These are your options:
- Voice: Your voice command begins the routine. Example: "Alexa, I'm awake."
- Schedule: Set a time when Alexa should start her routine. You do not need a wake-up word for this.
- Device: Alexa performs the actions on her Amazon Echo Hub.
- Location: If you arrive at a place like home, Alexa .
- Alarm: When you close an alarm, your routine begins.
- Echo Button : to start a routine.
. 5 Type in something like Good Morning or Good Night . This is the word you tell Alexa if you want your echo device to start a routine.
6. Tap Add Action and select everything Alexa should do during this routine.
Hey, Alexa, help me wake up.
Alexa can start her morning routine before you even wake up. Set a schedule that tells Alexa to slowly turn on the light and start making coffee. When you're awake, say "Hey, Alexa, good morning" to start your morning routine. Set the actions so that the Amazon Echo displays the weather for you, prints your e-mail summary, lists the current events in your calendar, and notifies you of the latest events in the messages.
Make your shuttle traffic more enjoyable.
Your favorite playlist for morning commuting is essential for waking up (apart from all the coffee you just drank). You can tell Alexa to start playing your alarm clock. If you commute through a busy city, it may also be useful for Alexa to read the traffic report.
Use a voice command like "Hey, Alexa, I commute to work" to enable Alexa. You may also want to add an action that instructs Alexa to turn off your smart lights and plugs in case you forget it.