So you have read and studied our Apex Legends review, know all the tips and tricks you need to win by heart and just need instructions on how to choose a character? Wondering who is the best option because of their class and skills? We are here to help. The characters in Apex Legends are some of the most endearing ones we've seen in a Battle Royale, but it may be difficult to decide who to play due to their different abilities.
Perhaps you've dressed up towards Bangalore, the attack-oriented hero with the ultimate ability to drop the boom. Perhaps you've enjoyed the secret of Wraith, who can avoid blank-line attacks or create portals through which to travel. Or maybe you chose the Pathfinder robot because it has the best one-liners in Apex Legends.
There are currently 1
- Passive: Voices from the Void – Tells you when enemies mark your location
- Tactical: Into the Void – A quick passage through their emptiness, the avoids any damage.
- Ultimate: Dimensional Rift – Allows you to place two portals for you and your teammates through which you can travel for one minute.
Although technically classified as an "attack" legend, Wraith is a multi-purpose legend with three useful abilities. From now on, it seems to be one of the most popular legends.
Wraith's passive ability is one of the most useful in the game, letting you know when enemies have marked your location or are near you. In this way, you and your team can prepare for incoming fire or even gain the upper hand. Your tactical skills can quickly turn a skirmish in your favor. With the fast Juke you can take a new position without being damaged.
Your ultimate ability is one of the hardest to use. This is because you have to place two portals through which you can then travel. Occasionally, you can use the dimensional rift to confuse enemies by sneaking behind them out of nowhere. Keep in mind, however, that their ultimate effort requires the most work to be used efficiently.
- Passive: Inside knowledge – scans beacon nearby to determine the next ring position.
- Tactical: Grab hook – Allows versatile, fast movements both horizontally and vertically.
- Ultimate: Zipline Gun – Creates a new zipline.
Pathfinder, the The charismatic robot from the Titanfall series is a strange legend. His passive ability, which reveals the nearest ring site by scanning beacons, is appropriate for teams with excellent communication, although not very useful in themselves. The tactical ability makes Pathfinder one of the best to move quickly. With the gripping hook you can snap into walls or climb buildings quickly. Kings Canyon already has many horizontal and vertical ziplines, but Pathfinders Ultimate allows you to create new ziplines to get out of difficult situations.
Pathfinder is the perfect addition for a team with an attack and a heavy Pathfinder card. However, this is the role that is normally reserved for a healer that you lose when using Pathfinder.
- Passive: Weapon Shield – When aiming sights, he holds a shield that blocks incoming fire.
- ] Tactical: Dome of Protection – Blue Dome Shield spawns and blocks attacks for 15 Seconds.
- Ultimate: Defensive Bombardment – A concentrated mortar attack that is triggered by throwing a torch.
Gibraltar is a versatile hero who is built to help you survive. If you're having trouble staying alive or don't have the greatest accuracy in shooting down the sights, you should definitely use his skills.
His passive ability opens a shield that blocks the brunt of the head from an incoming fire. It's not invulnerable, but it gives you more time to engage with enemies.
His tactical skills are great for the entire team as it opens a dome shield that lasts 15 seconds. The dome shield is especially useful when you hear an incoming air raid or when you need to revive a teammate. In the meantime, his mortar stroke is ultimately similar to that of Bangalore, but is more accurate.
- Passive: Combat Medic – Throws up a shield wall when teammates are revived and speeds up the use of medical care by 25%.
- Tactical: DOC healing drone – A small drone (looks like a Roomba) that heals teammates.
- Ultimate: Care package with high-quality defense equipment.
Lifeline is a traditional healer. Help keep your team alive in a variety of ways. Your passive ability automatically creates a shield when teammates are revived, while reducing the time it takes to use healing items. When the team is low on health and medkits, their DOC healing drone can heal everyone's health 100%.
You just need to know that enemies can use this drone too. So you want to take cover before use. Kings Canyon has plenty of loot, but if you can't find the defenses you need, Lifelines Ultimate sends a drop pod with good armor and medical supplies.
- Passive: Double time – temporary sprint faster if damage is taken
- Tactical: Smoke Launcher – Explosive Smoke Canister Projectile
- Ultimate: Rolling Thunder – Calls for an air strike that sweeps over the target area
Bangalore may even be more popular than Wraith now. She is a more traditional attack character with the most effective ultimate ability of the lot. After it's fully charged, throw a canister into the area you want to bomb and a few seconds later you can hear the engines overhead. The air strike extends over a considerable area. So if enemies don't flee when they hear the noise above you, you will likely knock down or eliminate at least one enemy (and sometimes an entire team).
Bangalore's passive helps both when fleeing or fleeing towards battle. Taking damage increases their sprint speed. And their tactical ability shoots at a canister of smoke that tarnishes an area and allows you and your team to jump onto enemy squads or reposition yourself without being seen.
- Passive: Spark of Genius  – Allows you to fully charge your Ultimate with Ultimate Accelerants and charge your tactical near-interception pylon boosts.
- Tactical: Perimeter Security – Electric fences that damage and slow down enemies when crossed.
- Ultimate: Interception Pylon – Destroys incoming weapons and repairs damaged shields.
Wattson is a relatively new addition to the roster. It's about building a good defense. Thanks to their passive ability, you can quickly recharge your ultimate and tactical skills and focus on strategically using your skills instead of just shooting. The tactic is great too, especially if your team is in a high-prey area.
The ultimate, however, is why Wattson is getting a Tier 2 slot. Your interception pylon can destroy incoming weapons before they can wipe your team. In particular, it is a solid counterpart to Gibraltar's ultimate protection against your team from mortar attack. You can also have up to three pylons present, all of which help to boost your tactics.
- Passive: Nox Vision – Complements his tactical skills by showing enemy locations to those who pass gas.
- Tactical: Nox Gas Trap – Allows for this Place up to six gas canisters that are released when entering or shooting.
- Ultimate: Nox Gas Grenade – Covers a substantial area with lethal gas.
Etchant has three abilities that feel largely similar. His passive and tactical skills work together. With the Nox gas trap you can set up up to six gas canisters on the floor. They can be activated either by shooting or when an enemy runs over them. As soon as this happens, enemies who step on the gas are exposed with the passive ability of Caustic. The gas also slowly damages those who get caught in the vapors. Its ultimate goal is the grenade-shaped gas trap, which covers a much larger area.
- Passive: Get Well Soon – Heals a health point every two seconds when it takes no damage.
- Tactical: Stim – Moves 30% faster for 6 seconds at the cost of 10% health.
- Ultimate: Launch Pad – Provides a launch pad at its feet that allows any player to jump high in the air
Octane, the first legend after launch, is behind a pay (or experience point) ) Wall included. His skills focus on constant movement. His passive regenerates health automatically if he takes no damage. This makes it a great legend for survey areas. However, his tactic is by far his best skill. With Stim, you can get the upper hand by moving significantly faster (30%) than everyone else around you for six seconds. This is incredibly useful and worth the 10% health cost (it eventually heals over time). With Stim you can surprise other players and make Octane a difficult target to hit. It is ideal for shotguns and other melee weapons such as SMGs. Stim also helps in situations where you need to revive dejected teammates.
Octanes Ultimate keeps him from becoming a first tier legend simply because Launch Pad isn't very practical. You can use it to get the jump on other players, but there's also a chance that those players and others will see you flying through the air and pin your squad down. It's also more convenient to use Stim as a dodge, as a launch pad.
- Passive: Tracker – Displays recent footprints when doors were opened, time of death, etc.  Tactical: All-Father's Eye – Reveals hostile locations in the area
- Ultimate : Beast of the Hunt – Increases the senses to see cold tracks / enemies and increases the speed of movement considerably.
While all legends have tactical skills, Bloodhound is a real tactician. They help you chase enemies and avoid surprises with special abilities. Bloodhound's Passive shows the latest footprints, door openings / closings, and times of death if you stumble upon equipment from fallen players.
Bloodhound's tactical ability can tell you if there are any enemies around, so you know if it's clear to move in quickly or if you need to be careful. Beast of the Hunt, Bloodhound's ultimate goal, reveals cold trails, highlights nearby enemies, and increases your movement speed. It's perfect for late game situations where there are only a few teams left. Still, all of these skills only work as part of a well-oiled team.
- Passive: encore! – When a bait is knocked down, it appears and you are camouflaged for five seconds.
- Tactical: Psyche Out – Creates bait to trigger enemies.
- Ultimate: Disappearing Act – Get camouflaged temporarily and unleash several decoys.
Mirage is trapped behind a paywall (or about a dozen hours of loops). All of his abilities are pretty similar and rely on deceiving the enemy. When Mirage falls to the ground, a bait comes to life and is camouflaged for five seconds. This gives you time to crawl away and not get done.
His tactical ability also uses bait, but this time you can use the bait to get the drop on your enemies. His ultimate goal is a combination of both. Unleashing Vanishing Act hides Mirage and creates multiple baits. Simply put, if enemies are around and you have an act of escape, this can result in very simple kills.
- Passive: Stalker – You move faster while crouching and can climb higher
- ] Tactical: Silence – Deals damage for 10 seconds and prevents enemy skills.
- Ultimate: Totem of Death – Crashed or killed teammates return to the totem instead of dying.
Revenant is a new addition to the Legends lineup, and he's not too impressive on his first show. Its passive is the best skill that allows you to move quickly between covers to avoid enemy fire. However, the tactical and ultimate skills mostly do the same thing: delay the inevitable.
Silence is read as an offensive ability, although in practice both silence and totem of death are defensive tactics. There are some niche cases for these skills, especially in the tight corners of the late game. In all other places, however, they are largely irrelevant.
- Passive: Neurolink – enemies are marked on your team's map within 30 meters of a surveillance drone.
- Tactical: Surveillance drone – An air drone that allows you to view nearby areas from above.
- Ultimate: Drone EMP – An EMP explosion from your surveillance drone that causes shield damage, deactivates traps and slows enemies.
Crypto is an interesting legend. He is a scout who checks nearby areas before your team moves into them. However, his train set is strangely structured. Everything is based on its tactical ability to scout a drone from the sky. Without them, you cannot use the passive or activate your ultimate ability. Enemies can also destroy the drone. In this case, you have to wait 40 seconds before using another drone.