While developers received iOS 12.2 Beta 3 on February 19, those in the public beta are likely to have to wait another day. During the iOS 12 beta, public testers received new betas the day after the developers, and there seems to be no reason why that would change now. If available, a fix is added that returns the date on the lock screen.
Even during the early phase, it is known that the public beta version 3 of iOS 12.2 introduces the fix for Group FaceTime, which was patched to iOS 12.1 for all but 4 for iOS 12.2. There may be additional fixes for bugs and vulnerabilities, but Apple does not always list them in the release notes.
As for the release notes, the biggest change is the aforementioned lock screen correction that removes the "Charged" indicator that remained where the date should be, as well as an indication of new subscription offerings. This means that app owners can change the price of subscriptions instead of getting a single price.
App Store ̵1; promoting your subscriptions with new offerings
StoreKit now also supports subscription offerings in addition to introductory offers Apps with auto-renewable subscriptions will be able to offer existing and pre-subscribed customers a discounted price for a limited period of time, and you can use subscription offerings to win back subscribers who have canceled their subscriptions or upgrade to another subscription at a special price Customers can also accept the offer, w If you have already created an introductory offer.
StoreKit introduces a new array of SKProductDiscount objects within the SKProduct class to show eligible customers offers in your app. Add a new SKPaymentDiscount within the SKPayment class so that these offers can be accepted by the customer.
Apple Pay Known Issues
- You may not be able to authenticate to Wallet after selecting a card. (44919900) Workaround: Double-click the Home button on an iPhone with Touch ID if your iPhone is locked. Then select the desired card in Wallet and authenticate yourself before you hold your iPhone near the reader. On the iPhone X, iPhone X S iPhone X S Max and iPhone X R Double-click the page Click on the button, select the desired card in Wallet and authenticate yourself with Face ID before holding your iPhone near the reader.
Mobile phone issues resolved
- Fixed an issue that prevented prepaid data plan purchases while using mobile data. (47272516)
HealthKit New Features
- High and low heart rate notifications and irregular heart rhythm notifications are now available as read-only category pattern types. (46422154)
iCloud Photos – Resolved Issues
- Photos shared with Share Suggestions now load correctly. (47401696)
Lock screen – fixed issues
- The device is no longer on the lock screen after the device is removed from a charger. (47363913)
News – New Features
- Apple News will be available in Canada with iOS 12.2 and is now available to Canadian users in the Developer Beta. Apple News in Canada supports both English and French. Readers can access a bilingual experience by following a channel in a second language. Note: Publications in the beta do not reflect all the content that will be available. Top stories and digests are not updated as frequently as in the shipping product.
Siri – Resolved Issues
- Siri works with iOS simulators. (46681836)
If you would like to upgrade your iPhone to public beta version 3 of iOS 12.2, sign up for the beta program to get a valid configuration profile if you have not already. If the new "Automatic Updates" are enabled for iOS 12, you can have the software updated overnight. Otherwise, start Settings, select "General" and then "Software Update". Tap Download and Install and follow the instructions.
Beta testers gain access to new iOS features for the iPhone in front of the general public. This time around, there are at least 16 great changes, including new Animoji for iPhone X models, AirPlay 2 support, and air quality statistics in Apple Maps, including