They are full of questions and so are we. Jennifer Bailey, vice president of Apple Pay, led us through Apple Card today at a special event. Here's everything we know about Apple Card so far and what we still need to learn.
What is Apple Card?
Apple Card is a new branded credit card for the iPhone ($ 1,000 on Amazon) users. It's a digital map that's on your iPhone, with a standard credit card backup that you can use when Apple Pay is unavailable. (It seems everyone will receive this when they sign up.) However, Apple believes that you're mostly using the digital version.
The physical Apple card is made of titanium and has etched your name just for a little drama. This is how you can show yourself by clinking it loudly against a glass.
Where can I use the Apple Card?
You can use the Apple Card in apps, online (such as web stores), and in physical stores around the world where MasterCard is accepted. (For more information on banking, see below.)
How do I sign up for the Apple Card?
The Apple Card appears in the Wallet app on your iPhone, and you log in to the wallet by tapping the Apple card. Apple guides you through the sign up process. We did not see that, but it may take a few minutes. This is after all a credit card.
Screenshot by Jessica Dolcourt / CNET
Do I have to wait for a credit check?
Apple states that you are immediately authorized to use your Apple Card.
When can I get it?
Apple passes Apple Card through the wallet app this summer. It will come to the US first.
Does Apple Card come to other countries?
Apple has just announced its plans for the US. It is possible that Apple will use the US as a test environment before expanding into other countries. It is also possible that Apple is already negotiating with other banks and global institutions.
Which bank supports Apple Card?
Apple is working with Goldman Sachs as a bank to issue the Apple Card, a Mastercard.
How does Apple Card help me identify my finances?
If you've previously used a service like Mint or other financial apps, your finances can give you an idea of Apple's vision.
You can see visuals that clearly show how much you've spent on what, when it's due, and how much you owe. Apple also uses the Maps engine to link a purchase to a business. So it's clear which direction your payment is going to take (these things are usually cryptic, such as "New York LLC" if you're driving a cab.) Apple states that this is the case of machine learning
You can also see how much you spend so far in a given week or month, and track purchases by category, such as meals and transportation. It will take a long time for you to do that pay back what you owe.
What if I need help using my Apple Card?
Apple says if you're in trouble, you can send text directly from the app.
What are Apple Rewards?
Apple does not opt for a point structure. It gives you money for every dollar you spend through a program called Daily Cash.
How much you get when you buy:
- 1% when using the Titan Titanium Card (physical card)
- 2% when using the Apple Card (digital) with every purchase  3% at Using the Apple Card (Digital) for purchases made directly from Apple
Daily earning is not limited. You can track your Daily Cash through a card in your Wallet app.
Is Daily Cash Real Money? Where can I spend it?
Yes, this is real money that you can use right away. You can shop in stores, send them to friends, use them in apps or the Internet, or withdraw your funds.
How can you pay interest and fees?
With the Apple Card you can pay more than once a month. For example, you can pay every week or every other week. It is not clear if you can pay daily if you want or if there is a bigger structure.
There are no late fees, annual fees, international fees or fees to exceed your limit.
What happens if I miss a payment?
Apple does not penalize you for missing a payment, but it's not clear what happens in the event of early school leaving or multiple missed payments.
Is the Apple Card safe?
Apple has highlighted four main paths as Apple Card remains secure.
- The card number: Apple creates a unique card number for each device that is stored in the Security Element chip on your iPhone. You get a one-time dynamic security code that protects your number. They authenticate each purchase biometrically, using either the Touch ID or the Face ID.
- Apple does not track what you have bought or where and how much you have spent. All tracking is done on the device instead of on Apple servers.
- "Goldman Sachs will never share or sell your information for marketing or promotional purposes," said Baileys of Apple.
- If you're using the physical Apple Card, I'll find your name on it, but there's no card number, no CVV, no expiration date, and no signature. If you need the details, you can find them in the Wallet app. This is presumably so that others can not influence these important details for security fraud by either looking at the map or stealing the entire map.
Does it work with my iPad and the Apple Watch?
Yes, Apple says the Apple Card works on all your iOS devices. We have to confirm that it works with MacOS as well as with iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.
What's next with the Apple Card?
There are many details we do not know yet The exact start, any hidden fees, how the Apple Card affects people with low or no credit, and when exactly the card is launched. Undoubtedly, Apple will share more in the coming months. Until then, we can only hope for more information.