Apple released iOS 12.2 Beta 4 for Developers on Monday, March 4th. This means that public beta testers are expected to receive the update on Tuesday. The update includes a new "News" app icon, a new "Apple TV Remote" tile in Control Center, and an optimized "About" page and seemingly unresolved updates. If you are not yet in Beta, you now have the chance to see it yourself.
The updates in Beta 4 are minor, but they are a step in the right direction. The Apple News icon is more like the one we saw earlier in the app in an earlier beta release. So it only makes sense that it would change from the outside. The new icon for the Apple TV remote is now just a remote image instead of an Apple TV icon. This means that you can use it with third-party TVs with AirPlay 2 support. It also appears in the updated tiles in Siri, Control Center and the lock screen next to new volume icons.
You will also see an updated info page summarizing the memory information. Apple has already adjusted the layout for the about page, but the information is becoming clearer.
We know that Beta 4 is likely to introduce new, under-the-hood bug fixes, as is the case with all beta updates stable version of the software that came before. With no major updates this time around, Apple is likely using this update as an opportunity to focus exclusively on stability within 1
The Release Notes are the same as Beta 3. Any known issue, issue, and feature that is included with iOS 12.2 Beta 3 will appear in the Beta 4 Release Notes without any new additions. This does not mean that this software is identical, only that corrections or changes are too small to list here.
App Store – Advertising Subscriptions With New Offers
StoreKit now supports in addition to introductory offers so that apps with auto-renewable subscriptions are able to offer an already discounted price for existing and already subscribed for a specified period of time To provide customers. You can use subscription offers to win back subscribers who have canceled their subscriptions, or to request an upgrade to another subscription at a discounted price. Customers can also accept the offer if they have already created an introductory offer.
StoreKit introduces a new array of SKProductDiscount objects within the SKProduct class to show eligible customers offers in your app. Add a new SKPaymentDiscount within the SKPayment class so that these offers can be accepted by the customer.
Apple Pay Known Issues
- You may not be able to authenticate to Wallet after selecting a card. (44919900) Workaround: Double-click the Home button on an iPhone with Touch ID if your iPhone is locked. Then select the desired card in Wallet and authenticate yourself before you hold your iPhone near the reader. On the iPhone X, iPhone X S iPhone X S Max and iPhone X R Double-click the page Click on the button, select the desired card in Wallet and authenticate yourself with Face ID before holding your iPhone near the reader.
Mobile phone issues resolved
- Fixed an issue that prevented the purchase of prepaid data plans when using mobile data. (47272516)
HealthKit New Features
- High and low heart rate notifications and irregular heart rhythm notifications are now available as read-only category pattern types. (46422154)
iCloud Photos – Resolved Issues
- Photos shared with Approval Proposals now load correctly. (47401696)
Lock screen – fixed issues
- The device's charge status no longer appears on the lock screen after the device is removed from a charger. (47363913)
News – New Features
- Apple News will be available in Canada with iOS 12.2 and is now available to Canadian users in the Developer Beta. Apple News in Canada supports both English and French. Readers can access a bilingual experience by following a channel in a second language. Note: Beta publications do not reflect all the content that will be available. Top stories and digests are not updated as frequently as in the shipping product.
Siri – Resolved Issues
- Siri works in iOS simulators. (46681836)
To download your iPhone and upgrade to iOS 12.2 dev beta 4, you must first be a registered developer with a valid configuration profile. If iOS 12 automatic updates are enabled, you can have the software updated overnight. For immediate installation, start the Settings app, select "General" and then "Software Update". Tap "Download and Install" and follow the instructions on the screen.
Beta testers know that iOS 12.2 from 12.1.4 will be a major update. The software includes at least 19 new and exciting features, including enhanced AirPlay 2 support, a new Animoji, and a redesigned Apple TV Remote Control Center, just to name a few. In fact, this list is constantly evolving as new versions of 12.2 beta add more features and changes. Who knows what Apple will add next.
Do not miss: New iOS 12.2 features for iPhone you should not miss