One day after the official release of iOS 12.1.3, Apple released the first beta for iOS 12.2 for developers. The software seems to be the first update after some time. Apple's latest beta cycles included 12.1.2 and 12.1.3, incremental updates for iOS 12.1. Now we've introduced a new version of iOS 12, hopefully looking for new features.
The Apple Release Information for Developer Beta 1 for iOS 12.2 lists Apple Pay Authentication issues in Wallet, a problem with prepaid mobile plans purchases. and a developer-only variant that prevents Siri from working in simulators. As for new features, Apple News is now available in Canada, and Apple Watch heart rate notifications are now read-only in HealthKit.
Known Issues with Apple Pay
- You may not be able to authenticate in Wallet after you select an option card. (44919900) Workaround: Double-click the Home button on an iPhone with Touch ID if your iPhone is locked. Then select the desired card in Wallet and authenticate yourself before you hold your iPhone near the reader. On the iPhone X, iPhone X S iPhone X S Max and iPhone X R Double-click the page button, Select the desired card in Wallet and authenticate yourself with Face ID before you hold your iPhone near the reader.
Mobile device known issues
- You may not be able to purchase a prepaid data plan with mobile data. (47272516) Workaround: Connect to Wi-Fi and then buy the plan.
HealthKit New Features
- High and low heart rate notifications and irregular heart rhythm notifications are now available as read-only category patterns. (46422154)
News What's New
- Apple News will be available in Canada with iOS 12.2 and is now available to Canadian users in the Developer Beta. Apple News in Canada supports both English and French. Readers can access a bilingual experience by following a channel in a second language. Note: Publications in the beta do not reflect all the content that will be available. Top stories and digests are not updated as frequently as in the shipping product.
Siri Known Issues
- Siri does not work in iOS simulators. (46681836)
To download and update your iPhone to iOS 12.2 dev beta 1, you must first be a registered developer with a valid configuration profile. If iOS 12 automatic updates are enabled, you can have the software updated overnight. To download the beta now, launch the Settings app, choose General, and then Software Update. Tap "Download and Install" and follow the instructions on the screen to download and install the new software.