Seven days ago, Apple released the first public beta for iOS 12.2. Now, public testers have access to the latest update, as Apple releases 12.2 public beta 2 today, Tuesday, Feb. 5. The company releases the developer beta one day earlier, which includes beta fixes to issues found in beta 1.
Public testers using [X] X S X S Max, or X R so have access to four new Animoji in 12.2 beta 2nd thesis new Animoji include a giraffe, shark, boar, and owl, and want to find their way to the general public after 12.2's official release.
In addition to new Animoji, some AT & T users have spotted a "5G E" cellular status symbol on their iPhone X S X S Max, and X R . True 5G technology has yet to be released. Instead, this alludes to AT & T's "5G Evolution," a slightly enhanced version of 4G LTE available in certain markets.
Beta 2 also includes various bug fixes, as well as new and preexisting bugs:
Apple Pay Known Issues 19659012] You might not be able to authenticate in Wallet after selecting a card. (44919900) Workaround: On iPhone with Touch ID, double-click the Home button when your iPhone is locked then select the desired card in Wallet and authenticate before holding your iPhone near the reader. On iPhone X, iPhone X S iPhone X S Max, and iPhone X R double-click the side
Cellular Resolved Issues
- Resolved an issue that prevented prepaid data plan purchases while using cellular data. (47272516)
HealthKit New Features
- High and low heart rate notifications and irregular heart rate notifications are now available as read-only category sample types. (46422154)
iCloud Photos Resolved Issues
- Photos shared using Sharing Suggestions now load correctly. (47401696)
Lock Screen Known Issues
- The device charge level may remain on the lock screen after removing the device from a charger. (47363913) Workaround: Power the device off, then back on again.
News New Features
- developer beta. Apple News in Canada supports both English and French. Readers can access a bilingual experience when they follow a channel in a second language. Rating: Publications in the beta do not reflect all content that will be available. Siri works in iOS simulators.
Siri Resolved Issues
- Siri works in iOS simulators. (46681836)
Apple confirmed an upcoming update to iOS 12.1.3 that would fix the Group's FaceTime security bug that allowed anyone to listen to your iPhone while a FaceTime call was pending. To update your iPhone to 12.2 beta 2, but this time, it's impossible to say one way or the other.
To update your iPhone to iOS 12.2, you'll first need to sign up for the beta program and have a valid configuration profile. If you have iOS 12's new "Automatic Updates" enabled, you can let the software update overnight. To download it right away, however, launch Settings, select "General," then "Software Update." Download "Do not Miss: How to Download iOS 12.2 Beta to Your iPhone Right Now