Apple released iOS 12.2 Beta 4 for Developers on Monday, March 4th. This means that public beta testers are expected to receive the update on Tuesday. The update includes a new "News" app icon and a new "Apple TV Remote" tile in Control Center, in addition to the most common bugfixes and security patches. If you are not yet in beta, you now have the chance to see it yourself.
Beta 4 introduces some entertaining but minor updates. In addition to the above new icons, an updated "Info" page is also displayed, which summarizes the memory information. We know that beta 4, like all beta updates, introduces new bug fixes and security patches to create a more stable version of the previously created software. With no major updates this time around, Apple is likely using this update as an opportunity to focus exclusively on stability within 1
How do we know about Beta 4? Because the release notes are the same as Beta 3, all known issues, resolved issues, and new features from 12.2 Beta 3 will appear in the Beta 4 Release Notes without any new entries. This does not mean that this software is identical, it just means that fixes or changes are too small to list here:
App Store – Advertising Subscriptions with New Quotes
StoreKit now supports in addition to Introductory offerings so that apps with auto-renewable subscriptions will be able to provide a discounted price for existing and already subscribed customers for a certain period of time. You can use subscription offers to win back subscribers who have canceled their subscriptions, or to request an upgrade to another subscription at a discounted price. Customers can also accept the offer if they have already created an introductory offer.
StoreKit introduces a new array of SKProductDiscount objects within the SKProduct class to show eligible customers offers in your app. Add a new SKPaymentDiscount within the SKPayment class so that these offers can be accepted by the customer.
Apple Pay Known Issues
- You may not be able to authenticate to Wallet after selecting a card. (44919900) Workaround: Double-click the Home button on an iPhone with Touch ID if your iPhone is locked. Then select the desired card in Wallet and authenticate yourself before you hold your iPhone near the reader. On the iPhone X, iPhone X S iPhone X S Max and iPhone X R Double-click the page Click on the button, select the desired card in Wallet and authenticate yourself with Face ID before holding your iPhone near the reader.
Mobile phone issues resolved
- Fixed an issue that prevented prepaid data plan purchases while using mobile data. (47272516)
HealthKit New Features
- High and low heart rate notifications and irregular heart rhythm notifications are now available as read-only category pattern types. (46422154)
iCloud Photos – Resolved Issues
- Photos shared with Share Suggestions now load correctly. (47401696)
Lock screen – fixed issues
- The device is no longer on the lock screen after the device is removed from a charger. (47363913)
News – New Features
- Apple News will be available in Canada with iOS 12.2 and is now available to Canadian users in the Developer Beta. Apple News in Canada supports both English and French. Readers can access a bilingual experience by following a channel in a second language. Note: Publications in the beta do not reflect all the content that will be available. Top stories and digests are not updated as frequently as in the shipping product.
Siri – Resolved Issues
- Siri works with iOS simulators. (46681836)
To download your iPhone and upgrade to iOS 12.2 dev beta 4, you must first be a registered developer with a valid configuration profile. If iOS 12 automatic updates are enabled, you can have the software updated overnight. For immediate installation, start the Settings app, select "General" and then "Software Update". Tap "Download and Install" and follow the instructions on the screen.