If you're an iOS app developer, your Monday has gotten even better. Apple has just released the iOS 12.2 Developer Beta 5 for their software updates today, March 11. It's still too early to say exactly what the Cupertino-based company is holding for the beta, but it's likely that it includes some level of under-the-hood improvements and bug fixes.
Apple has taken the time to release the release notes for beta updates. Until then we have to speculate about what has to do with Beta 5. Although this is not always the case, there are likely to be some. Invisible stability enhancements are made to make the beta run smoother and smoother with each iteration. In addition, we are not sure if there will be new features for Beta 5.
Once the beta 5 release notes are available, we will post them here. Until then, take a look at the introduction of Beta 4 in iOS, as some or all of these issues could be resolved with this latest update. Interestingly, the beta 4 release notes were identical to beta 3, so even beta 5 may do so.
App Store ̵1; New subscriptions with new offerings
StoreKit now also supports subscriptions offerings in addition to launching, so that apps with auto-renewable subscriptions are able to offer a price already discounted for a certain duration to provide existing and already subscribed customers. You can use subscription offers to win back subscribers who have canceled their subscriptions, or to request an upgrade to another subscription at a discounted price. Customers can also accept the offer if they have already created an introductory offer.
StoreKit introduces a new array of SKProductDiscount objects within the SKProduct class to show eligible customers offers in your app. Add a new SKPaymentDiscount within the SKPayment class so that these offers can be accepted by the customer.
Apple Pay Known Issues
- You may not be able to authenticate to Wallet after selecting a card. (44919900) Workaround: Double-click the Home button on an iPhone with Touch ID if your iPhone is locked. Then select the desired card in Wallet and authenticate yourself before you hold your iPhone near the reader. On the iPhone X, iPhone X S iPhone X S Max and iPhone X R Double-click the page Click on the button, select the desired card in Wallet and authenticate yourself with Face ID before holding your iPhone near the reader.
Mobile phone issues resolved
- Fixed an issue that prevented prepaid data plan purchases while using mobile data. (47272516)
HealthKit New Features
- High and low heart rate notifications and irregular heart rhythm notifications are now available as read-only category pattern types. (46422154)
iCloud Photos – Resolved Issues
- Photos shared with Share Suggestions now load correctly. (47401696)
Lock screen – fixed issues
- The device is no longer on the lock screen after the device is removed from a charger. (47363913)
News – New Features
- Apple News will be available in Canada with iOS 12.2 and is now available to Canadian users in the Developer Beta. Apple News in Canada supports both English and French. Readers can access a bilingual experience by following a channel in a second language. Note: Publications in the beta do not reflect all the content that will be available. Top stories and digests are not updated as frequently as in the shipping product.
Siri – Resolved Issues
- Siri works with iOS simulators. (46681836)
To download and update your iPhone for iOS 12.2 dev beta 5, you must first be a registered developer with a valid configuration profile. If iOS 12 automatic updates are enabled, you can have the software updated overnight. For immediate installation, start the Settings app, select "General" and then "Software Update". Tap "Download and Install" and follow the instructions on the screen.
If you've run the beta of iOS 12.2 know They say Apple will release some notable changes and features for the iPhone. Things are different across the board, from changes to the user interface, such as a new News icon and a redesigned Apple TV remote control on the screen, to major additions such as the new Animoji, AirPlay 2 support for third-party TVs and Air Quality Control in Weather. [19659028Notmiss: New iOS 12.2 features for the iPhone you do not want to miss