Apple released iOS 12.2 Beta 4 for Developers on Monday, March 4, and released them all in the public beta version of iOS 12.2 shortly thereafter. All previous public beta updates for iOS 12.2 were released the following day, but this is changing course. Public beta version 4 for iOS 12.2 has new icons, an updated "About" page, and a better "Play Now" tile.
Thanks to our brief insight into the developer version and the release notes it contains, we know exactly what distinguishes iOS 12.2 public beta 4-tick. In particular, there are new icons for the News app that match the new icon that was previously added in the app, as well as the Apple TV remote that will be displayed as a custom tile in Control Center and in the "Now playing" tile system-wide.
The "About" page also has a facelift, as the memory information is summarized in a handy section. It was previously updated to better summarize information for a clearer layout. However, this is all the more true since the memory information is separated from the Wi-Fi address, the Bluetooth address, the modem firmware, and so on.
Aside from these changes, Beta 4 simply includes minor bug fixes to make iOS 1
App Store – Promote your new offer subscriptions
StoreKit now also supports subscription offerings in addition to introductory offerings, so apps with auto-renewable subscriptions will be able to offer discounted rates to existing and pre-subscribed customers To provide price for a certain duration. You can use subscription offers to win back subscribers who have canceled their subscriptions, or to request an upgrade to another subscription at a discounted price. Customers can also accept the offer if they have already created an introductory offer.
StoreKit introduces a new array of SKProductDiscount objects within the SKProduct class to show eligible customers offers in your app. Add a new SKPaymentDiscount within the SKPayment class so that these offers can be accepted by the customer.
Apple Pay Known Issues
- You may not be able to authenticate within Wallet after selecting a card. (44919900) Workaround: Double-click the Home button on an iPhone with Touch ID if your iPhone is locked. Then select the desired card in Wallet and authenticate yourself before you hold your iPhone near the reader. On the iPhone X, iPhone X S iPhone X S Max and iPhone X R Double-click the page Click on the button, select the desired card in Wallet and authenticate yourself with Face ID before holding your iPhone near the reader.
Mobile phone issues resolved
- Fixed an issue that prevented prepaid data plan purchases while using mobile data. (47272516)
HealthKit New Features
- High and low heart rate notifications and irregular heart rhythm notifications are now available as read-only category pattern types. (46422154)
iCloud Photos – Resolved Issues
- Photos shared with sharing suggestions now load properly. (47401696)
Lock screen – fixed issues
- The device is no longer displaying the charge level on the lock screen after the device is removed from a charger. (47363913)
News – New Features
- Apple News will be available in Canada with iOS 12.2 and is now available to Canadian users in the Developer Beta. Apple News in Canada supports both English and French. Readers can access a bilingual experience by following a channel in a second language. Note: Beta publications do not reflect all the content that will be available. Top stories and digests are not updated as frequently as in the shipping product.
Siri – Resolved Issues
- Siri works in iOS simulators. (46681836)
If you want to upgrade your iPhone to public beta version 4 of iOS 12.2, sign up for the beta program to get a valid configuration profile if you have not already. If the new "Automatic Updates" are enabled for iOS 12, you can have the software updated overnight. Otherwise, start Settings, select "General" and then "Software Update". Tap Download and Install and follow the instructions.
Beta 3 brought It also includes a number of new bug fixes and features, including the correction of 12.1.4 for the Group FaceTime bug, a redesigned Apple TV remote and news app headers, as well as an update to the Paid Screening Problem – these changes are just a few of the many that come to 12.2 in total, with each beta update providing a more exciting overall release.
However, some have doubts that a public release of 12.2 is imminent. Users refer to the internal name of the build (Beta 4 is called " F-Build ") as proof that the beta test 12.2 is far from finished that the beta was returned six times for problems. However, this might just point to commits from different team members, not necessarily to problems with iOS 12.2 overall. Will 12.2 see the public again soon? We can not know for sure. Until then, you can only experience all these new features when you enter beta yourself.