Apple today released iOS 12.3, the latest version of iOS 12 for iPhone and iPad. The software spent nearly seven weeks beta testing, providing an early chance to try Apple TV channels – now available to everyone. Apple released 12.3 beta 6, the last beta update, on Friday, May 13, a few days after beta 5.
By far the most important feature of iOS 12.3 is Apple TV channels. Launched in March as part of Apple's large subscription presentation, this feature makes it easy to collect all participating TV subscriptions in one central location. Apple has also partnered with networks and services so subscribing and viewing content directly in the Apple TV app is seamless. You do not even have to download the apps for each service because you can subscribe directly through Apple.
As an example of the potential of Apple TV Channels, you can currently download only HBO content for offline playback. If you're an HBO GO or HBO Now user, you know that the curse of any Game of Thrones fan is the lack of downloadable content. This change alone could be enough to cause HBO subscribers to sign in via Apple TV Channels instead of their provider. You can view security updates on its Web site. However, one important point is that it has resolved a vulnerability that could allow someone with access to your iPhone to see your iTunes email address. We assume that this is done on the lock screen, but no indication is given. Another important point is that your iPhone used to be tracked via the Wi-Fi Mac address, but Apple removed the sent MAC address for privacy reasons.
iOS 12.3 supports AirPlay 2-enabled TVs and has a redesigned Apple TV app. This update also includes bug fixes and improvements.
- AirPlay 2 now supports direct sharing of videos, photos, music and more from your iPhone and iPad on your AirPlay 2-capable Smart TV.
- One-Tap Play automatically plays your chosen TV show or movie on the last screen you used, depending on time and location.
- Siri's proposals to watch movies and TV shows now include an option for AirPlay.
- Intelligent proposals are all made On the device, your personal information remains private.
Apple TV App
- The Apple TV app has a brand new design that highlights expertly compiled collections and personalized recommendations.
- Apple TV channels offer subscriptions to HBO, Showtime, Starz and more can be viewed online or offline directly in the Apple TV app.
- Apple TV channel subscriptions can be shared with up to six family members without the need for new apps, accounts, or passwords.  New Release ase movies can be bought or borrowed on the Apple TV app, including the full catalog of over 100,000 movies and the largest selection of 4K HDR titles.
- A new section dedicated to children will help you to find editorially selected shows and movies children of all ages.
- The Apple TV app can now intelligently suggest playing on the most likely Apple TVs or AirPlay 2-enabled TVs in the area.
This update also contains bug fixes and improvements. This update:
- Adds the ability to follow a journal in the Apple News + Catalog view.
- Apple Music's For You tab is now updated several times a day, suggesting music based on themes like genres, artists, and moods you love.
- Fixes a problem that can prevent Apple TV Remote from pausing the video, controlling the video, or changing the volume on supported receivers.
- Fixes an issue that may cause calls to be canceled over Wi-Fi.
- Fixes an issue where song information from a connected iPhone may not be displayed on a car's display.
To download your iPhone and upgrade to iOS 12.3, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update. After loading the update for iOS 12.3, follow the instructions on the screen to download and install the new software.