So far, iOS 13.4 has not been a disappointment. With the new Memoji stickers, an updated mail toolbar, and even the beginning of controlling your car with your iPhone, Apple's latest iOS update looks great. That's why we're pleased that Apple released the third 13.4 developer beta today, one week after the release of Dev Beta 2.
Apple released this latest 13.4 beta update at 1:00 p.m. EST (10 a.m.PST). If you closely follow iOS beta messages, you know that Apple uses this release time for most major beta updates. However, this beta is only for registered developers. If you don't have a developer profile, you'll have to wait for Apple to release the public beta, which we're expected to see at 4:00 p.m. EST today (1
Because these update news are so up-to-date, we don't know exactly which new features or changes Apple has included in Dev Beta 3. We will keep this article up to date on all discoveries we make. In the meantime, you can read the following Apple release notes:
iOS & iPadOS 13.4 Beta 3 Release Notes
- The iOS & iPadOS 13.4 SDK provides support for developing apps for iPhone, iPad , and iPod touch devices with iOS and iPadOS 13.4. The SDK comes with Xcode 11.4, which is available from Beta Software Downloads. For Xcode 11.4 compatibility requirements, see the Xcode 11.4 Beta 2 Release Notes.
General Known Issues
- To install iOS 13.4 Beta 3 using the recovery image, first install Xcode 11.4 Beta 2.
General – Fixed Issues
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Settings app to exit unexpectedly after a user viewed certain app settings and then returned to the Settings main page. (59124369)
Keyboard New Features
- The QuickType keyboard now supports predictive input for Arabic.
- The QuickType keyboard now supports live conversion for Japanese and Chinese (Zhuyin).
- The QuickType keyboard now supports the Swiss German layout for 12.9 "iPad layout.
Keyboard – Fixed problems
- 12.9" iPad layouts for multiple languages now exactly match the hardware keyboard layouts.
Location Services – New Features
- If an app always requests authorization for the first time after the device has previously been authorized to use the app, the device immediately displays the request for location authorization. (57106235)
Photos – New Features
- Photos on iPadOS have new keyboard shortcuts that let you quickly navigate between tabs, search, and create albums. In full screen mode, you can also use a keyboard to delete, duplicate and switch to edit mode. (57195967)
Photos – Resolved Issues
- Fixed an issue where photos might not sync with the Apple Watch as expected. (59324590)
SwiftUI – New Features
- If you use a navigation view with multiple columns, a control for switching the columns is now displayed in the navigation bar. (49074511)
- The onDrag and onDrop modifiers are now available on iOS. (49661347)
For comparison, we saw the following with dev beta 2:
- New Section Streaming Options in the TV Settings
- New Download Options Section in the TV settings
- Update the mail toolbar, which itself was updated with Beta 1.
- "Change Your Clicks" is now "Home Button Haptics" on iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 8 and 8 Plus.
- A new prompt when Enable AssistiveTouch for the first time when asked if you want to add "Dwell" and "Scroll" to adjust the top level.
- Notes in code that iOS will soon support MX Anywhere 2 and Corsair Harpoon RGB Gaming Mouse  Notes in code that CarKeys can be released via iMessage
To update your iPhone to iOS 13.4 dev beta 3, you must be a registered developer. You can use the recovery image available in the developer portal for your iPhone (install with iTunes or Finder) or install the configuration profile and then update wirelessly. If you already have the profile installed on your iPhone, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update to begin installing the latest beta build, or wait for it to be installed automatically when "Automatic Updates "is activated.
Don't Miss: All New iOS 13.4 Features You Need to Know
Start your graphic design career with the Gadget Hacks beginner's guide to the Photoshop course
Buy Now for $ 199.99>