Apple released the iOS 7 Developer Beta 7 for the iPhone today, Thursday, September 3rd. The update comes nine days after Apple released iOS 14 Beta 6 for developers and public testers.
Apple released this update at 10 a.m. PDT, the company’s standard release time for beta updates for developers. If you are a public beta tester this update is not for you. Instead, you’ll have to wait for Apple to release public beta 7 for iOS 14, which we expect at 1:00 p.m. PDT today or 10:00 a.m. PDT tomorrow.
Release Notes for iOS 14 Developer Beta 7
Apple has not yet released the Release Notes for Developer Beta 7. Today, the company is slow to publish these notices and sometimes waits up to an hour after a software update. As soon as Apple publishes the release notes, we will post them below.
Release Notes for iOS & iPadOS 14 Beta 7
The SDK for iOS and iPadOS 14 provides support for developing apps for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iOS and iPadOS 14. The SDK comes with Xcode 12 Beta 6, which is available from Beta Software Downloads. For information on compatibility requirements for Xcode 12 Beta 6, see the Xcode 12 Beta 6 Release Notes.
General: Known issues
Important – Updating to iOS & iPadOS 14 Beta from previous versions of iOS & iPadOS can take significantly longer than expected. Data loss can occur if the update is interrupted. (59101197)
- The MacOS Big Sur 11 Beta or the Xcode 12 Beta may be required to sync or update devices running iOS and iPadOS 14 Beta.
Apple Security Bounty
- iOS & iPadOS 14 Beta 7 qualifies for the 50% Apple Security Bounty bonus payment for issues that are unknown to Apple or reintroduced in this version. For more information, see Apple Security Bounty.
App Store: Known Issues
Core feel: Known issues
Fonts: Known Issues
- As of iOS & iPadOS 14 Beta, fonts installed with configuration profiles are only available for apps that support the font APIs and permissions introduced in iOS & iPadOS 13. If your app offers a custom interface for selecting fonts, it will no longer be able to access configuration profiles via installed fonts. For more information, see WWDC 2019 Session Font Management and Text Scaling (55317428).
Home screen: Known issues
- Spotlight may not display as expected. (64121178) Workaround: Restart your device.
- The signature is no longer duplicated when you close and reopen a draft. (66843208)
Maps: Known Issues
- After updating to iOS and iPadOS 14 Beta 2 or later, user data such as favorites, collections, and new items will no longer be synced with devices running previous versions of iOS and iPadOS. (65005848)
Safari and WebKit: Solved
SwiftUI: Known Issues
- The leading navigation bar, the following navigation bar and the layout of the lower bar lead to the following. The elements of the automatic toolbar are no longer transferred to the lower bar by default. Use ToolbarItemGroup with a placement of bottomBar to place items on the bottom bar. (66790502)
- Children of ViewVtyStyle (__ 🙂 multi-column navigation views now have the correct default styles and environments on iOS and iPadOS:
- Multi-column views of navigationViewStyle (__ 🙂 that only specify a single subview and therefore get an empty placeholder view do not get the new behavior. Provide an explicit placeholder view to enable the new behavior.
- Multi-column navigationViewStyle (__ 🙂 views that use a single ForEach to generate columns do not get the new behavior. Roll off ForEach to decide on the new behavior. (62699768)
Third-Party Apps: Known Issues
- Apps that use JSONKit may exit unexpectedly on startup. Some forks of JSONKit hardcode details for private pointer representations which are subject to change. (60290929) Workaround: Use NSJSONSerialization instead.
- fstab has been removed. You can no longer use the contents of the file system outside of an app’s sandbox for validation. (61098152)
- Apps that use the NativeScript framework might exit unexpectedly on startup. NativeScript performs an unsafe operation to determine if any pointer is an Objective-C object pointer. You can temporarily fix this problem by using object__getClass (__ 🙂 instead of reading the isa directly. However, update this code to avoid checking that any pointers are Objective-C object pointers. (62913064)
Wallet: Known Issues
- isPassLibraryAvailable () does not guarantee uniform availability of the passport library functions between platforms and devices. (60697880) Workaround: Call a more specific API to check the features available, such as: B. canAddPasses ().
Widgets Known Issues
- If a widget’s parent app has been granted access to selected photos, a warning may appear each time the widget is run. (66398732) Workaround: Add PHPhotoLibraryPreventAutomaticLimitedAccessAlert = YES to the Info.plist of the widget extension.
- All widgets must be recreated using the iOS & iPadOS 14 Beta 4 SDK or higher and cannot run on previous versions of iOS & iPadOS 14 Beta. (65290210)
- Some widgets may disappear from your home screen after upgrading to iOS & iPadOS 14 Beta 2 or later. (64823469) Workaround: Add the missing widgets back to your home screen.
- You cannot resize an existing widget. (63500799) Workaround: Remove the widget and add it again the size you want.
- You may need to reconfigure your widgets after updating to iOS & iPadOS 14 Beta 3 or higher. (65485709)
- The Weather widget may appear blank after updating to iOS 14 Beta 6 or later. (66782070) Workaround: Tap the widget to open the Weather app, then return to the widget on the home screen.
- The weather widget no longer unexpectedly has access to Always Location on iPadOS. (66922805)
The weather widget can now determine your location. (66929312)
To update your iPhone to iOS 14 Beta 7, you must be a registered developer. You can use the recovery image for your iPhone available on the developer portal (install with iTunes or Finder) or install the configuration profile and then update wirelessly. If you already have the profile installed on your iPhone, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update to start installing the latest beta build, or wait for it to be installed automatically if “Automatic Updates.” “is activated.
Keep your connection secure with no monthly bills. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase in the new Gadget Hacks Shop and watch Hulu or Netflix with no regional restrictions.
Buy now (80% discount)>