Apple released iOS 14 Public Beta 7 for iPhone today, Thursday, September 3rd, offering new dark mode background options. Choose one of the colored backgrounds of the rainbow wallpaper and iOS will automatically move the background to black when you turn on dark mode.
You should know that these new wallpapers replace the default color options. This means that you won’t see the color on your rainbow wallpaper when dark mode is activated. However, this is a beta version so Apple can easily make changes as the testing continues.
You’ll also notice a change when it comes to the categories of your app library. Now apps are divided into Arcade, Creativity, Education, Entertainment, Games, Health and Fitness, Information and Reading, Other, Productivity and Finance, Shopping and Dining, Social, Travel, and Utilities.
Regarding bug fixes that may have come from Beta 6, we found the following:
- The overlay that appears when you plug in AirPods now shows the correct information
- Your signature in Mail is no longer duplicated when you close and reopen a draft.
- The weather widget no longer unexpectedly has access to Always Location on iPadOS.
The update will be released to developers and public testers nine days after Apple released iOS 14 Beta 6.
Release Notes for iOS 14 Beta 7
You can view the full release notes for iOS 14 Beta 7 below:
Release Notes for iOS & iPadOS 14 Beta 7
The SDK for iOS and iPadOS 14 provides support for developing apps for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices running iOS and iPadOS 14. The SDK comes with Xcode 12 Beta 6, which is available from Beta Software Downloads. For information on compatibility requirements for Xcode 12 Beta 6, see the Xcode 12 Beta 6 Release Notes.
General: Known issues
Important – Updating to iOS & iPadOS 14 Beta from previous versions of iOS & iPadOS can take significantly longer than expected. Data loss can occur if the update is interrupted. (59101197)
- MacOS Big Sur 11 Beta or Xcode 12 Beta may be required to sync or update devices running iOS & iPadOS 14 Beta.
Apple Security Bounty
- iOS & iPadOS 14 Beta 7 is eligible for the 50% Apple Security Bounty bonus payment for issues that are unknown to Apple or reintroduced in this version. See Apple Security Bounty for more information.
App Store: Known Issues
Core feel: Known issues
Fonts: Known Issues
- As of iOS & iPadOS 14 Beta, fonts installed with configuration profiles are only available for apps that support the font APIs and permissions introduced in iOS & iPadOS 13. If your app offers a custom interface for selecting fonts, it will no longer be able to access configuration profiles via installed fonts. For more information, see WWDC 2019 Session Font Management and Text Scaling (55317428).
Home screen: Known issues
- Spotlight may not display as expected. (64121178) Workaround: Restart your device.
- The signature is no longer duplicated when you close and reopen a draft. (66843208)
Maps: Known Issues
- After updating to iOS and iPadOS 14 Beta 2 or later, user data such as favorites, collections, and new items will no longer be synced with devices running previous versions of iOS and iPadOS. (65005848)
Safari and WebKit: Solved
SwiftUI: Known Issues
- The leading navigation bar, the following navigation bar and the layout of the lower bar lead to the following. Automatic toolbar elements no longer overflow into the lower bar by default. Use ToolbarItemGroup with a placement of bottomBar to place items on the bottom bar. (66790502)
- ViewVtyStyle (__ 🙂 multi-column navigation child views now have the correct default styles and environments on iOS and iPadOS:
- Multi-column views of navigationViewStyle (__ 🙂 that only specify a single subview and therefore get an empty placeholder view do not get the new behavior. Provide an explicit placeholder view to enable the new behavior.
- Multi-column navigationViewStyle (__ 🙂 views that use a single ForEach to generate columns do not get the new behavior. Roll off ForEach to decide on the new behavior. (62699768)
Third-Party Apps: Known Issues
- Apps that use JSONKit may exit unexpectedly on startup. Some forks of JSONKit hardcode details for private pointer representations which are subject to change. (60290929) Workaround: Use NSJSONSerialization instead.
- fstab has been removed. You can no longer use file system content outside of an app’s sandbox for validation. (61098152)
- Apps that use the NativeScript framework might exit unexpectedly on startup. NativeScript performs an unsafe operation to determine whether any pointer is an Objective-C object pointer. You can temporarily fix this problem by using object__getClass (__ 🙂 instead of reading the isa directly. However, update this code to avoid checking that any pointers are Objective-C object pointers. (62913064)
Wallet: Known Issues
- isPassLibraryAvailable () does not guarantee uniform availability of the passport library functions between platforms and devices. (60697880) Workaround: Call a more specific API to check the features available, such as: B. canAddPasses ().
Widgets Known Issues
- If a widget’s parent app has been granted access to selected photos, a warning may appear each time the widget is run. (66398732) Workaround: Add PHPhotoLibraryPreventAutomaticLimitedAccessAlert = YES to the Info.plist of the widget extension.
- All widgets must be recreated using the iOS & iPadOS 14 Beta 4 SDK or higher and cannot run on previous versions of iOS & iPadOS 14 Beta. (65290210)
- Some widgets may disappear from your home screen after upgrading to iOS and iPadOS 14 Beta 2 or later. (64823469) Workaround: Add the missing widgets back to your home screen.
- You cannot resize an existing widget. (63500799) Workaround: Remove the widget and add it again the size you want.
- You may need to reconfigure your widgets after updating to iOS & iPadOS 14 Beta 3 or higher. (65485709)
- The Weather widget may appear blank after updating to iOS 14 Beta 6 or later. (66782070) Workaround: Tap the widget to open the Weather app, then return to the widget on the home screen.
- The weather widget no longer unexpectedly has access to Always Location on iPadOS. (66922805)
The weather widget can now determine your location. (66929312)
Here’s how to update your iPhone to the latest beta
To update your iPhone to iOS 14 Public Beta 7, sign into Apple’s beta site, download and install the configuration profile. Then update it wirelessly. If you already have the profile, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update to start installing the latest beta build, or you can wait for it to install automatically if Automatic Updates is enabled .
Keep your connection secure with no monthly bills. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase in the new Gadget Hacks Shop and watch Hulu or Netflix with no regional restrictions.
Buy now (80% discount)>