Apple released the tenth iOS 12 developer beta on Thursday, August 23. The update comes just three days after the release of iOS 12 Developer Beta 9, a surprising move for Apple, even with the company's erratic releases in recent weeks
Dev Beta 10 does not seem to introduce any significant changes for developers, but seems with minor bug fixes and security patches. According to the release notes of dev beta 10, the only change to dev beta 9 is a new issue that does not locate the text text "Add to Siri" and "Added to Siri" when using INUIAddVoiceShortcutButton.
Notes are omitted A Wallet error where Apple Pay is no longer available. Apple does not mention this issue as resolved, but it does not appear in the release notes anymore, so let's say it's been taken care of.
To download and update your iPhone to iOS 1
According to Apple's release notes, iOS 12 dev beta 10 does not solve any problems dev beta 9.
The following is a list of known issues in iOS 12 dev beta 10. New issues are in bold:
- While logged in with a production account and testing with a sandbox account, a logon request for the account is displayed when attempting to retrieve a new valid receipt Production account with no ability to switch to the sandbox account. (42862150) – Workaround: For testing purposes, StoreKit calls such as making a purchase and restoring transactions retrieve a new receipt. Alternatively, you can log out of the production account.
- Various CoreGraphics calls have been tightened up against invalid parameter continuation. In iOS 12 Beta, these calls can now return NULL or return early. (38344690)
- Inviting iOS 11 users who have multiple email addresses associated with their Apple IDs may not work. (41033550) – Workaround: Send the invitation to another email address or phone number associated with the Apple ID of the iOS 11 user.
- Traffic data may not be displayed. (43254370) – Workaround: Tap the & # 39; i & # 39; button to view the Google Maps settings and turn on the traffic switch.
- When a queueTransaction is run on the applicationQueuePlayer to change the position of a song, the queue returns unchanged. (19639014)
Phone and FaceTime:
- Group FaceTime has been removed from the first release of iOS 12 and will ship later this fall in a future software update.
- In iOS 12 Beta, Camera Effects is only available in Messages on iPhone SE and iPhone 6s or higher and not available on the iPad. Camera Effects in FaceTime is only available on iPhone 7 or later and is not available on the iPad.
- Wi-Fi calls may quit unexpectedly as you move from Wi-Fi to mobile on the T-Mobile network. (39251828)
- Downtime start and stop times can change unexpectedly if configured before installing iOS 12 Beta 9. (43393555) – Workaround: Update all devices associated with the iCloud account to iOS 12 Beta 9 and reset start and stop times for downtime.
- After upgrading to iOS 12 Beta 7 or later, parents should change the screen timecode to prevent children from logging out of iCloud or changing system time. (42879250)
- Fetched phone statistics may be excessive due to data sync from other devices logged into the same iCloud account. (39917173)
- If you use INUIAddVoiceShortcutButton, the text text "Add to Siri" and "Added to Siri" will not be localized. (43251696) – Workaround: To locate the text "Add to Siri" and "Added to Siri", add localizations for that text to the string files in your app bundle.
- While several rideshare apps are installed, Siri could open the app instead of providing an ETA or location when asked. (42324032) – Workaround: Ask Siri again for the ETA or location.
- Siri Shortcuts may not work when a device is locked. (41307405)
- Siri suggestions for keyboard shortcuts are on the iPhone 6s or higher, iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation or later), iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 4. (40669231)
- They Enabled When using a UICollectionViewCell subclass that requires updateConstraints (), problems with systemLayoutSizeFitting (_ 🙂 may occur. (42138227) – Workaround: Do not call the cell's setNeedsUpdateConstraints () method unless you need to support live constraint changes. If you need to support live constraint changes, call updateConstraintsIfNeeded () before calling systemLayoutSizeFitting (_ :).
- When using messages in the iOS Simulator, you may not receive a message from User A to User B. (40916530) – Workaround: Submit a message from user B to user A.
Apple's beta release plan has been widely publicized in recent weeks. The company released developer beta 7 on August 13, but quickly picked it up due to stability issues. Two days later, the company released dev beta 8 as a patch for the buggy beta, followed by dev beta 9 on Monday, August 20. Dev beta 10 marks the fourth beta release in just 10 days.
So fast speed is not completely shocking, considering the proximity of the official version of iOS 12. While Apple does not yet have a confirmed date, we could see that the Golden Master (GM) for developers is already being built on September 12, as this is the date on which Apple is reportedly announcing the 2018 iPhone series. The big public release usually follows a week later, so expect it on the 19th of September.
Do not Miss: Everything we know about the 2018 iPhones so far