Apple released iOS 12.2 beta 4 to developers on Monday, March 4. While devs have no access to this software, it will not stay that way for long. If you're a public beta tester, you should see 12.2 http://www.free-press-release.com/ Page 2 now in your software 4's Monday release, as well as the release notes for the software and hands-on with the update, we have a good idea as to what makes beta 4 tick. Notably, there are new icons for the News app, which matches the Apple TV system-wide.
The "About" page also has a slight face-lift, as storage information is grouped into one convenient section. Wi-Fi address, Bluetooth address, modem firmware, etc.
Other than these changes, beta 4 simply includes minor bug fixes to make 1
App Store – Promoting Your Subscriptions with New Offers
StoreKit now supports subscription offers in addition to introductory offers, so apps with auto-renewable subscriptions will soon provide a discounted price for a specific duration for existing and previously subscribed customers. You want to cancel your subscriptions or promote your subscription to another subscription at a special price.
StoreKit introduces a new array of SKProductDiscount objects within the SKProduct class to display offers within your app to meet customers.
Apple Pay – Known Issues
- You might not be able to authenticate to Wallet after selecting a card. (44919900) Workaround: On iPhone with Touch ID, double-click the Home button when your iPhone is locked then select the desired card in your wallet and authenticate before your iPhone near the reader. X X X X X X X R double-click the side button, select the desired card in Wallet, and authenticate with Face.
Cellular – Resolved Issues
- Resolved an issue that prevented prepaid data plan purchases while using cellular data. (47272516)
HealthKit – New Features
- High and low heart rate notifications and irregular heart rate notifications are now available as read-only category sample types. (46422154)
iCloud Photos – Resolved Issues
- Photos shared using Sharing Suggestions now load correctly. (47401696)
Lock Screen – Resolved Issues
- The device charge level no longer remains on the lock screen after removing the device from a charger. (47363913)
News – New Features
- Apple News Want to be in Canada with iOS 12.2, and is now available for Canadian users on the beta developer. Apple News in Canada supports both English and French. Readers can access a bilingual experience when they follow a channel in a second language. Rating: Publications in the beta do not reflect all content that will be available.
Siri – Resolved Issues
- Siri works in iOS simulators. (46681836)
To update your iPhone to iOS 12.2 public beta 4 when it comes out, sign up for the beta program to get a valid configuration profile, if you have not already. If you have iOS 12's new "Automatic Updates" enabled, you can let the software update overnight. Otherwise, launch Settings, select "General," then "Software Update." Tap "Download and Install," then follow the prompts.
Apple TV remote and News app header, and a fix for the "Charged" lock screen issue. These changes are just a few of the many coming to 12.2 as a whole, with each beta update making for a more exciting overall release.
However, some doubts that a public release of 12.2 is imminent. Users point to the internal name of the build (beta 4 is noted as "F-build") as evidence that beta testing 12.2 is far from finished, claiming this beta has been sent back six times for issues. However, that could just indicate commits by different teams members, not necessarily issues with iOS 12.2 altogether. Will 12.2 see the public anytime soon? We can not know for sure. Do not Miss: New iOS 12.2 Features for iPhone You Do not Want to Miss