Immediately after Apple released iOS 12.2 dev beta 6 on Monday, March 18, the public beta release was released. As far as we can tell, the sixth beta contains a patch for an Apple Pay issue and a further update of the "About" page in Settings, this time with a new section for warranty and insurance information.
The biggest One change we found in Beta 6 concerns this warranty and insurance status. If you purchased AppleCare +, it will appear in the About section with an expiration date. If you have not purchased AppleCare and your iPhone is not older than a year, "Limited Warranty" will be displayed with the expiration date for the warranty. And if your iPhone is still relatively new, options to buy an AppleCare + package will also be displayed if you do not already have one.
Apple also fixed a problem with an Apple Pay issue where authentication in Wallet failed after selecting a card to use. In addition to this change, Beta 6 is likely to include minor fixes for issues found in Beta 5. Full Apple Release Notes for iOS 12.2 Beta 6 can be found here:
App Store – Advertising New Subscriptions with New Offers  StoreKit now also supports subscription offerings in addition to introductory offerings, enabling apps with auto-renewable subscriptions to provide a price already discounted for a certain duration to existing and already subscribed customers. You can use subscription offers to win back subscribers who have canceled their subscriptions, or to request an upgrade to another subscription at a discounted price. Customers can also accept the offer if they have already created an introductory offer.
StoreKit introduces a new array of SKProductDiscount objects within the SKProduct class to show eligible customers offers in your app. Add a new SKPaymentDiscount within the SKPayment class so that these offers can be accepted by the customer.
Fixed issues with Apple Pay
- Fixed an issue where authentication in Wallet sometimes failed after a card was selected (44919900).
Fixed mobile network issues
- Fixed an issue that prevented the purchase of prepaid data plans when using mobile data. (47272516)
HealthKit New Features
- High and low heart rate notifications and irregular heart rhythm notifications are now available as read-only category pattern types. (46422154)
iCloud Photos – Resolved Issues
- Photos shared with sharing suggestions now load properly. (47401696)
Lock screen – fixed issues
- The device's charge status no longer appears on the lock screen after the device is removed from a charger. (47363913)
News – New Features
- Apple News will be available in Canada with iOS 12.2 and is now available to Canadian users in the Developer Beta. Apple News in Canada supports both English and French. Readers can access a bilingual experience by following a channel in a second language. Note: Beta publications do not reflect all of the content that will be available. Top stories and digests are not updated as frequently as in the shipping product.
Siri – Resolved Issues
- Siri works in iOS simulators. (46681836)
To download and update your iPhone to public beta version 6 of iOS 12.2, you must first be a registered developer with a valid configuration profile. If iOS 12 automatic updates are enabled, you can have the software updated overnight. For immediate installation, start the Settings app, select "General" and then "Software Update". Tap "Download and Install" and follow the instructions on the screen.
In addition to Minor changes mentioned above, Apple 12.2 includes some new features. Major upcoming updates include the new Animoji, AirPlay 2 support for third-party TVs, and air quality control in Weather, just to name a few. While not the most comprehensive update in iOS history, 12.2 is certainly an exciting one.