Apple released iOS 14.2 Developer Beta 3 for the iPhone on Tuesday, October 13th. There are actually no user-related features, but there are new Core Media features for developers as well as resolved SwiftUI issues.
The beta 3 update, released just before 11:30 am PDT, comes two weeks after the 14.2 dev beta 2 release and 13 days after 14.2 public beta 2. If you’re a public beta tester, you’ll need to wait for Apple to release public beta 3 14.2, which we expect to see Wednesday between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. PDT.
Release Notes for iOS & iPadOS 14.2 Beta 3
Update your apps to take advantage of new features and test your apps against API changes.
The iOS & iPadOS 14.2 SDK provides support for developing apps for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices with iOS & iPadOS 14.2. The SDK comes with Xcode 12.2 Beta 3, which is available from Beta Software Downloads. For information on compatibility requirements for Xcode 12.2, see the Xcode 12.2 Beta 3 Release Notes.
General – Known Issues
- Restoring picture updates is currently not supported for iPad Pro 11 “(2nd generation) and iPad Pro 12.9” (4th generation). (70176642) Workaround: Use Software Update instead.
Core Media – New Features
SwiftUI – Solved
- In an environment with colorSchemeContrast == .increased, high-contrast asset catalog images are used correctly by Image. (65164844)
- An image embedded in text is no longer incorrectly displayed in black in widgets. (69392317)
- The menu label text can now wrap as expected. (68824462)
- Xcode Previews no longer unexpectedly exit when a view is previewed using FetchRequest. (65544435)
Here’s how to install the latest beta on your iPhone
To update your iPhone to iOS 14.2 dev beta 3, you must be a registered developer. You can use the recovery image for your iPhone available on the developer portal (install with iTunes or Finder) or install the configuration profile and then update wirelessly. If you already have the profile installed on your iPhone, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update to start installing the latest beta build, or wait for it to be installed automatically if “Automatic Updates.” “is activated.
Keep your connection secure with no monthly bills. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and watch Hulu or Netflix with no regional restrictions.
Buy now (80% discount)>