The stunning Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is the jewel in Samsung's mobile crown. It's exceptionally powerful, comes with an amazing camera, and even enhances the signature's signature function – the S Pen. But it's not perfect, and every device has its share of problems and problems.
If you have a problem, do not cry or throw your phone in the bin – we've dug in to find some of the best issues and issues with the Galaxy Note 9 and the fixes that will ensure the smooth operation of your device ,
Problem: Navigation buttons stop responding
A row of users report that the software-based navigation keys are included at the bottom of the note The screen of 9 is freezing cold and stops responding. Users have reported that the problem occurs only intermittently, but when it does occur, it can take up to 1
The issue is limited only to devices using Samsung's standard launch program Samsung Experience – a user using Nova Launcher said he only had the problem on the home page of his Note 9.
The cause of the problem is apparently a recent update from Samsung Pay explaining why the problem has not occurred since the launch of Note 9.
- It seems that rebooting the phone will at least temporarily resolve the issues.
- A user has reported this change The theme of his Note 9 through the Samsung Themes app solved his problems. This is very anecdotal, but it is worth a try if you solve the problem consistently.
Movie Stars Solution:
- Since Samsung Pay is a problem, setting up Samsung Pay is obviously enough to solve the problem. It seems that some form of invisible pop-up from Samsung Pay blocks the keys, and this box disappears as soon as Samsung Pay is set up. It's a strange solution – but apparently it works.
- Samsung is also working on an update that solves the problem. If you do not want to set up Samsung Pay, the only way to resolve this issue is to wait for this update.
Problem: Camera stops for a few seconds or freezes
Users in the official Samsung forums and XDA developers have complained about lagging and freezing when using the Note 9 camera. This problem occurs both when taking pictures and when recording videos. Clearing the cache, changing the MicroSD card, and restarting the phone had no effect. The "Camera Failed" alert also appears to be related to this issue.
Samsung is aware of this issue, and a moderator in the official Samsung forums has stated that Samsung is working to find out the cause of the problem] Solution:
- Unfortunately, there is still no solution, and if the problem your goat is really your only option to send a new mobile request to Samsung.
Problem: Volume decreases during media playback
Some users notice that video volumes drop a few minutes into media playback. The problem occurs on YouTube and other video apps, including Samsung's own video app, and it seems to happen only a few minutes after it plays. The problem persists in safe mode – indicating that the problem was not caused by a third-party app.
A user has relayed information from a Samsung technician who has viewed a software update to fix the problem. but that is in contradiction to other advice from one of Samsung's official presenters who recommended a replacement device.
- It is currently unknown if this issue is software or hardware based, and Samsung seems to have no idea of the problem. Contacting Samsung and purchasing a replacement unit may be the only solution at this stage.
Problem: Upper speaker is inconsistent on calls
Note 9 uses a lower speaker and headset at the top of the phone To transmit stereo sound. Unfortunately, it seems that the handset at the top of the phone is inconsistent for some handsfree users on calls. According to some posts, the upper speaker sometimes works when the phone is moved, but is turned off at other times.
This is a particularly interesting problem because, as some users have pointed out, the upper speaker is designed just for music and videos and should not be used for hands-free calling. It appears that the sensor on the top of the phone locks the earphone when it is blocked, causing intermittent operation.
- There is no official solution yet to resolve this (19659013) Problem: Silent Notifications
Many have expressed concerns that the 9-tone ringer and notification volume is lower It is that, while the earphone for music and video uses, only the lower speaker for notifications and ringtones is used.
- Unfortunately, not much can be done to fix this at the hardware level – it's just how loud the speaker is. However, some users have suggested using an app to increase the volume. Volume Booster GOODEV is recommended
Problem: S pen does not register at certain parts of the screen
The S Pen is a wonderful addition to Note 9, with some great new features that have been added to the latest version of Samsung phone. But it's just another part of the phone that can go awry, and some users are having problems with the S Pen not working on certain parts of the 9th screen.
- Do you use a protective sleeve with a magnet? Magnets are used in many wallets to keep the cover closed, and these magnets can interfere with the S Pen and Note 9. Try to take off the case and try again.
- If this does not work, you may have a broken screen or S Pen. Contact Samsung for a replacement.