Owning a Huawei cell phone in the US became less attractive over the weekend when it became known that
The Chinese company currently holds second place in the global smartphone market share, but without access to Google Play services and apps like Gmail, Huawei looks bad when it comes to becoming the world leader.the # 1
The ban will certainly affect future sales, but for the moment, B & H Photo and Amazon seem to have changed. We have informed both companies of their future plans to list Huawei products in the US and will update this post when we hear about it.
But first some reservations
Without official support from US airlines and retailers, there are some things to keep in mind when purchasing a P30 Pro ($ 900 at B & H Photo-Video) :
- Only unlocked international Version work on GSM carriers. That is, AT & T and T-Mobile.
- Because the phone is not optimized for US networks, you'll be missing out on some vendor-specific features like Wi-Fi calls and some LTE tapes, which can lead to poor reception indoors.
- It's worth repeating. The P30 Pro does not work with Sprint or Verizon.
- Depending on where you buy the phone, there may not be a warranty.
- Currently it is not clear how long the P30 Pro security update will be received or how long it will still be able to access Google Play services and apps.
B & H Photo
B & H Photo sells the 256 GB version of the P30 Pro for $ 899. Available in three different colors – black, crystal and aurora – and covered by B & H Photo's 1-year limited warranty.
The only drawback? B & H Photo currently has no items in stock. You need to sign up to receive a notification when B & H has more items in stock. Then place your order. Currently this is expected at the end of May.
If you do not want to wait for B & H, you can now order a P30 Pro from Amazon Phone is not guaranteed.
Amazon has a black 128GB model for $ 979. There is also a $ 988 256GB model, as the title of the article states, that your purchase does not come with a guarantee.
If you're still at the fence with the P30 Pro, check out the gallery that compares photos from an iPhone XS Max ($ 1,100 at Amazon) and the P30 Pro ,
CNET may receive a commission from retailers.