Over the years, Apple has transferred more and more responsibility to the MacOS version of iTunes until the app seems to fulfill all of your MacOS entertainment needs. Mac users are served much better in Catalina, as several apps can perform individual tasks using the iOS approach.
While Apple has split iTunes into three apps, switching to Catalina does not have to be annoying. Here's what you need to know to get iTunes free in MacOS Catalina.
Getting Started with the New Apple Music App
Apple's move from iTunes to the new music service in Catalina was pretty straightforward. For example, music purchased from iTunes or imported from another location is available in the new Apple Music app.
Likewise, music playlists you've created in iTunes are already displayed in the new app – you do not need to transfer anything. iTunes gift cards and credit continue to work, and you can still buy music through the iTunes Store. So set up and listen to music.
. 1 In the dock tap on the music app to open it.
2. When prompted, log in to the iTunes Store using your Apple ID and Apple password .
3. Tap the Start Listening and the Music app will pull up your iTunes playlists – both those you created and those you created smart iTunes playlists.
4. If none of your music files appear and you sync your music library with Apple Music or iTunes Match, tap the Show All Music Files button at the top of the Music app. You can also select the All Music option from the View menu to see all your songs.
Use the iTunes Store
While music is new, the iTunes Store is similar.
1. In the music app on the left side of the music sidebar, tap iTunes Store .
2. The Apple Music Store should be familiar to you, with new music in the center of the app's window, charts on the right, and music you might be interested in near the bottom.
Sign up for Apple Music.
If you're interested, you can sign up for Apple Music – Apple's subscription music streaming service of the same name.
. 1 Tap for you at the top of the left sidebar to test Apple Music, which lets you stream songs, listen to curated playlists, and tune in to radio stations.
2. Tap Try Now to start a free three-month trial. After the trial, Apple Music costs $ 9.99 / £ 9.99 / $ 11.99 / month. After logging in, set a calendar reminder so that you will not be charged after 90 days if you choose to cancel now in the Apple TV app. Audiobooks are available in the Apple Books app and podcasts in the Apple Books app. For more information about Catalina, see.
Originally released earlier this week.