If your personal information was revealed inyou can now file a lawsuit to recover money spent or lost. As part of the settlement, you can claim money you have spent to protect yourself from identity theft and credit monitoring following your breach of Equifax. And if you sign up for you can claim 1
Theresulted in hackers accessing personal information on the credit reporting servers of 147 million consumers, including driver's license information, Social Security numbers, and birth dates.
The Federal Trade Commission andin compensation for those whose personal data related to the breach against Equifax have been linked servers. Under the Settlement, you may be eligible for reimbursement of the costs of recovering the breach – including all costs associated with the theft of your identity and freezing and freezing your account – and the reimbursement of unauthorized charges to your bank accounts. The agreement provides for payments of $ 20,000 per person.
You can also file a claim to cover the cost of identity theft protection following your infringement of Equifax. You can submit multiple claims. If you are already registered for credit monitoring, you can instead submit
To begin submitting a claim, verify that your information has been made available as part of the privacy breach. If your personal information was part of the hack, collect documents and files that support your claim and report your expenses and losses related to the hack. Finally, you submit your claim to be compensated for your losses and other expenses. You must submit an application by 22 January 2020. The FTC claimed to find fake comparison websites. Therefore, verify that you are using the genuine Equifax comparison site before you begin submitting your claim.
How to file a claim for the Equifax breach of contract
1. Use the official online tool to check if you were involved in the Equifax injury.
2. Enter your last name and the last six digits of your Social Security number to see if your data was part of the hacking.
3. If you and your data were involved in the security breach, visit the Equifax Security Violations website to claim a refund of money.
4. If you prefer not to use the site, you may have your request sent to you by post or by submitting an application form.
5. To complete your claim, select what services are available to you and collect the documents you need to justify your claim, including bank statements and credit card statements at unauthorized fees, costs for freezing and disbanding your account as well as fees that are paid to professionals such as accountants and lawyers help with theft.
How do I apply for a cash payment of $ 125?
If you've signed up for a credit monitoring service because of the breach, you can apply for a cash payment of. Use the same form to submit your claim. And requesting $ 125 does not prohibit you from claiming compensation for other expenses and financial losses.
The FTC warns, however, that due to the tremendous response to billing, the amount of money each person receives can be as much as $ 125, and instead recommends choosing 10-year free credit monitoring.