If your personal information has been disclosed in the 2017 Equifax Privacy Infringement you may now file a claim for reimbursement for lost money. You can also apply to cover the costs of identity theft protection and identity theft protection costs after the infringement of Equifax. And if you're already signed up for credit monitoring for the hack, you can instead file a $ 1
25 suit from 147 million Equifax servers, including driver's license information and birth dates.
This week, the Federal Trade Commission and Equifax have reached an agreement that equifax should pay at least $ 575 million and up to $ 700 million as compensation for those whose personal information is being traded Hack the Equifax server were unmasked. Under the Settlement, you may be eligible for reimbursement of the costs of recovering from a breach of security – including any costs associated with the theft of your identity – and reimbursement of unauthorized charges for your financial accounts.
You can also file an application to cover the cost of identity theft protection following your infringement of Equifax. However, if you are already registered for credit monitoring, you can instead submit a $ 125 claim.
Before submitting a claim, verify that your information has been disclosed as part of the data breach. If your data was part of the hack, collect documents and files that list your expenses and losses related to the hack. Finally, you submit your claim to be compensated for your losses and other expenses. You have until 22 January 2020 to submit a file
How to file an action for the Equifax infringement action
1. Use the official online tool to check if you were involved in the Equifax injury.
2. Enter your last name and the last six digits of your Social Security number to see if your data was part of the hacking.
3. If you were involved in the breach, visit the Equifax Data Breach Settlement website to claim a refund of money.
4. You may have your request sent to you by post or by submitting an application form by post if you do not use the Website.
5. To complete your claim, select which services you can use to obtain the documents you need for your claim, including bank statement and credit card statements that include: unauthorized charges, costs for freezing and liquidating your account, and fees paid to professionals such as accountants and lawyers. Help with theft.
How can I request a cash payment of $ 125?
If you have signed up for a credit monitoring service because of the violation, you can request a cash payment of $ 125. Use the same form file for your claim. If you apply for $ 125, you can not claim further to offset your expenses and financial losses.