There were a lot of Samsung messages this week (as usual), and more details about the Galaxy Fold began to trickle. Xiaomi also showed its 100-watt charger, which can charge a 4000 mAh battery in just 17 minutes. And more!
Samsung News: Watching the Wrinkles
Let's start with the Samsung stuff this week, should we?
- Samsung has shown how the seam strength of the Galaxy Fold has been tested. It can be folded 200,000 times. [Android Police]
- All versions of Fold are reported to ship with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855. No wonder. [Android Police]
- The Fold is published in 1
- The Galaxy A90 has been teased, Samsung said it will have a "Notchless Infinity Screen". Curious! We will learn more about it on April 10th. [The Verge]
- If you can not wait for the A90, the A70 was released this week. [Samsung]
- NBC used a Galaxy S10 + to shoot a full episode of the Tonight Show. I wonder how much Samsung had to pay ? [Engadget]
- The security update of March has been transferred to the S10. That's pretty much up to date! [9to5Google]
- The Galaxy A6 + Android Pie with an updated user interface has been launched. [XDA Developers]
- The Galaxy Note Fan Edition also received Android Pie with One UI. Hey, that rhymes. [XDA Developers]
- Sprints S8, S8 + and Grade 8 all receive Pie with a UI. [Android Police]
- Somewhat strange news came to some Samsung device owners when the Notification app was updated. Yes, it is nothing. Only a Samsung thing. [Android Police]
- If you are not in the hole of the camera of the S10, this can be changed by a new app called Energy Ring. It moves the battery indicator to of the camera. So clean. [Android Police]
Frankly, I'm shocked how much talked about the Galaxy Fold. I do not see Samsung moving many fold units this year – and I do not think that's expected to happen – but the fact that this is being talked about this week proves that the company as a whole believes in this foldable design , $ 2,000 is still a lot of money for a phone (or for anything). So if no cheaper way out for manufacturable Faltteile comes out, they will still have no great future.
Google News: Monster Mobile Traffic from YouTube
Google I / O is getting closer to the schedule. YouTube attracts a crazy amount of mobile traffic. You can use Google Assistant to get a Play Store refund. Wait, did you know that you can use Google Assistant for a Play Store refund?
- Google I / O begins May 7 with the opening note at 10:00 am PST. Be Gehyped. [9to5Google]
- Need a refund for a purchase on Google Play? Just like Google Assistant! [Android Police]
- The Pixel Launcher in Android Q tests the integration of Digital Wellbeing to pause apps right from the home screen. Did you know that you can pause apps with Digital Wellbeing [XDA Developers]
- ? YouTube accounts for 40% of all mobile Internet traffic. Of all the websites on this planet, YouTube receives almost half of the traffic. It baffles the mind. [9to5Google]
- Google Fit has been updated with some improvements that bring back elevation data and sleep status information from third-party apps. [Android Police]
- Android Auto has also been updated with support for widescreen display. You can run two panels on the same screen! [9to5Google]
- When Google announced Pixel Slate, there was a $ 599 version with Celeron processor and 4GB of RAM. But this version never managed to release – and probably never will. [9to5Google]
- Advanced call blocking features may appear soon in a Google Phone app near you. The phone optimization is the main thing I miss when using the PIxel line. [Android Police]
- YouTube TV is now available on every US television market. [Engadget]
There are two main times of the year that I'm looking forward to: Christmas and Google I / O (that's a kind of Google Christmas). Even though I have not described just for Android and Google products I'm still an Android guy in my heart and looking forward to I / O every year. This year is no different ,
Google I / O is the time when we get an overview of what Google has planned for Android, Chrome, Chrome OS, and beyond. It gives all users something to look forward to in the coming months. All the coolest innovations and ideas of the company are shown on the I / O.
And I love it so much.
Other News: Xiaomis Crazy 100w Charger
Have you ever had a dead battery and thought, "Man, if there was only one way to fully charge this battery in about 17 minutes"? If so, Xiaomi has good news for you.
- Xiaomi showed a mad 100 watt charger that charges its 4,000 mAh battery in only 17 minutes to 100%. I can not understand how hot it gets. [Liliputing]
- Xiaomi has also reared his foldable phone in a new video. What if – and hear me out here – can it work out and get a full battery in 17 minutes? [The Verge]
- The Huawei P10 and the Honor 8x both receive Android Pie. [9to5Google]
- Also! The P30 and the P30 Pro were officially announced. [XDA Developers]
- In other Huawei news, the CFO did not even have a Huawei device, but an iPhone. 🤔 [9to5Mac]
- There's a new scam that allows advertisers to show ads in the background of their phone. You make money and your phone's battery gets crushed. If you could only recharge it in 17 minutes, everyone would win! In my opinion? [The Verge]
- Substratum Lite was released, which is faster, smaller and more stable. If You're Studying These Things [XDA Developers]
- Last but not least, WhatsApp Beta offers Dark Mode. This is apparently the new sharpness. [XDA Developers]
Imagine you are working for a business. Now imagine, you are quite high in this company. How do you feel about this company? Do you love his products? Do you believe in his products? Or do not you think, I do not know, the products of a competitor? That's pretty much what Huawei's CFO has done, which to me is just bizarre . But she is the daughter of the founder, so I think everything is flying.