The Xbox One is more than a slot machine. Microsoft has set itself the goal of creating a central point for all your entertainment needs. It also includes streaming apps that are available on multiple platforms so you can watch new movies and TV shows on your Xbox. In this guide, we'll show you how to install Netflix on the Xbox One.
You do not have a Netflix subscription? You can get a free 30-day trial by clicking the button below!
Editor's note: This guide applies to the Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X. Instructions for The Xbox 360 is similar to the one found here by Microsoft.
You do not need an Xbox Live Gold subscription. However, you must be logged on to the Xbox Live network to use Netflix. You also need a decent Internet connection: best via cable or via a 5 GHz wireless access point. Here are the speed requirements of Netflix:
- 0.5 Mbps ̵
- 1.5 Mbps – Recommended
- 3.0 Mbps – Recommended – SD Quality
- 5.0 Mbps – Recommended – HD Quality
- 25 Mbps – Recommended – Ultra HD Quality
Installing Netflix on Xbox One
Let's start by installing the Netflix app on your Xbox One. If you already have the app installed on a Windows 10 PC, Netflix will be listed as "owned" in the Xbox Store.
1. On the Home screen, navigate right to Store .
. 2 Scroll down, highlight Apps and hit the A key .
3. Alternatively, scroll down and select Browse Apps .
4. Typically, Netflix is listed on the app's main page. If not, you can choose All 50 next to Most Popular Apps .
5. You can also search for the app by selecting Find apps and pressing the A button , Just type "Netflix" on the following screen and the app will appear.
6. Select the green button Install and press A on the controller. You can start Netflix from here after the installation process.
. 7 Sign in to your Netflix account.
If you do not have an account, you can get a free 30-day trial. The app prompts you to enter a mobile phone number to create an account in a web browser.
More information: Streaming the Xbox One on Windows 10
Adding Netflix to Your Xbox One Home Screen
Microsoft has removed the ability to manually pinned apps to the splash screen. If you watch Netflix frequently, the app will appear in the top line My Games & Apps of the Home screen. However, you can "pin" Netflix by adding it to a group that you can access from the Home screen. Think of groups as folders, so you can group similar apps together under a single name.
1. Select the My Games & Apps icon on the Home screen and tap on the "A" button ] 2. Scroll to Apps on the next page and select Netflix.
3. Tap the controller's three-line menu button "Hamburger" .
. 4 Select Add to a group in the pop-up menu.
5. Select Create a new group if you do not have any for streaming services yet.
. 6 Rename your new group.
7. Back to Start .
. 8 Scroll down to category Add more . If your new group is not displayed, select Show all suggestions .
. 9 Scroll Down to Groups Select your new group and tap the A button to add it to Home Page . More tips and tricks can be found in the following manuals: