This deal seems too good to be true. But it is not. During the E3 this week, Microsoft grants a $ 1 discount instead of $ 14.99 on a month of its new subscription service, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, which rolls out Xbox Live Gold (which enables online gameplay and some) free titles per month) and its Game Pass service (similar to a Netflix for games) in a subscription. But there is a way to make it much better – and it does not seem like a glitch. Basically, you can get the Xbox Game Pass for up to 36 months for free.
According to Microsoft's Frequently Asked Questions, "When you sign up for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, we'll use the insider advantage to provide feedback, any prepaid time on Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass, or both on Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to a maximum of 36 months. "
This is the key to understanding: If you already have an Xbox Live Gold subscription, the remaining time of your Gold subscription will automatically be converted to Game Pass Ultimate when you receive the Apply Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for 1 month – $ 1 deal for your Microsoft account.
Ultimate gives you the following:
- Over 100 games that can be played on Xbox One, with new ones added frequently (see full list of Xbox Game Pass titles here).
- The new currently in beta. (You simply download the Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) for Windows 10 app to your PC.)
- All Xbox Game Studios titles are available for free on the day of their release.
- This includes Gears 5: Ultimate Edition, which appears to Ultimate members 4 days earlier than .
- "Games with Gold" titles on Xbox (more free games, added on a regular basis).
- Online multiplayer support.
How to Get the Deal
Most of this information comes from this slickdeals thread, but we spent the last hours trying it out on two separate accounts, and it works. However, there seem to be so many people taking advantage of the deal that Microsoft's servers are struggling to keep up: we saw 404 pages and could not complete the second transaction.
Please note that CNET may receive some of the revenue from the sale of the services listed on this page, and that your mileage may vary. This agreement will be available through E3 (which runs until Thursday), but Microsoft may terminate or change the agreement at any time.
Follow these steps to maximize the deal.
- Start on your Microsoft main account page.
- Go to the Services & Subscriptions tab at the top of the page. Here you can see what you currently subscribe to (or not).
- Apply 1 month for 1 US $ for your account. Extend your Xbox Live Gold subscription by purchasing more months.
- You can earn 12 months of live gold for $ 60, although there are some live gold deals that can cut the cost to below $ 50 for 12 months (CD Keys, Rakuten and Costco). Some people also have Microsoft Rewards, which they can turn into months of live gold. (Obtain separate 6- or 12-month codes, but opt for the latter if possible.)
- You want to reach June 10, 2022 as close as your Xbox Live Gold expiration date to the deal maximize.
- So, you've spent up to $ 180 on Xbox Live Gold for three years now ($ 60 x $ 3). But you probably would have spent that anyway.
- You can earn an additional Xbox Live Gold month if you enable automatic renewal (recurring billing) when you add months to your account. You should receive the option after, for example, entering a purchased digital code for gold for 12 months.
- Please check your account settings when your Xbox Live Gold subscription expires. Again, this is under the "Services and Subscriptions" tab.
- Once you've confirmed that you've renewed your Xbox Live Gold subscription to the desired amount, click the link for the 1-month-for-1-dollar offer for Game Pass Ultimate.
- Once that applies to your account, your Xbox Live Gold subscription will be converted to Game Pass Ultimate, and Game Pass Ultimate should be available for the duration of your Live Gold subscription. You do not have to pay for up to 36 months.
- After the expiration date of your Game Pass Ultimate, you must pay $ 14.99 per month to continue.
- You can opt against it Automatically renew your Game Pass Ultimate subscription.
- If you do not resume Game Pass Ultimate, you can only subscribe to Xbox Live Gold again.
Again, you may have spent more than $ 180 plus an extra dollar. However, based on Xbox Live Gold for $ 5 a month compared to $ 15 undiscounted Game Pass Ultimate, your savings could be up to $ 360 ($ 10 x $ 36) ,
Xbox servers seem to suffer from volume.
This also worked for us, but we had problems with the second login on Monday afternoon, as the Microsoft servers were heavily used. (After adding the Xbox Live Gold codes to a web browser, we had to buy the $ 1 Game Pass Ultimate add-on on the Xbox itself because the browser did not want to send us a verification code. ").  So yeah, that's a bit complicated, but if you're an Xbox owner and you already subscribe to Xbox Live Gold and intend to continue with it, this is an easy way to get Game Pass. Of course, you must be willing to pay now, to expand your Xbox Live Gold service so you can use it.