Google's "Go" applications are lightweight counterparts designed as quick alternatives to their full-featured sibling applications. There's a go version of photos, searches, maps and more – but are they the right apps for you?
The general idea of Google Maps Go is to give you the core features of Google Maps, while conserving system resources like RAM and storage. Is Google Maps slow on your device? Do you feel that it is being overrun by additional features? For these and other reasons, Google Maps Go may be the right app for you.
Option 1: Google Maps Go
Google Maps Go has limited functionality, requires less storage, and requires less power from your phone. It is rated at 4.2 stars in the Play Store. It takes 208 KB, but you need to have Google Chrome installed for it to work. Chrome is already preinstalled on most phones. Otherwise, Google Maps Go is not recommended.
- Higher performance than Google Maps
- Easier interface
- Easier for a child or an elderly person
- Consumes less storage space
- Works well on older cell phones
- Barebones -App with limited functionality
- Not applicable Do not allow 3D display and angle of the map can not be changed.
- Can not add places to maps or photos.
- No option to download offline maps.
- Requires a second app, ] Navigation for Google Maps Go to get navigation
- Requires Google Chrome, a resource-intensive app.
- If Google Maps is preinstalled on your device, it may not be uninstallable.
Use Google Maps Go If
You should use Google Maps Go if you already have Google Chrome on your device, you do not want to use a language Navigation, you do not mind using data to make your map work, and you do not mind if some features are missing. If Google Maps is running slowly on your device, Google Maps Go is a good alternative.
Google Maps is the fully loaded app with a rich set of features we know and love. Google Maps has a rating of 4.3 in the Play Store. At least 128 MB are needed for a new installation, but on our test device 394 MB including cache.
- Fully loaded functionality
- Voice Navigation
- Location-based recommendations
- Offline maps
- The app is slower running on some devices
- It requires significantly more Storage your phone
- There are more features that make the app more complex and harder to navigate.
you have enough disk space and your phone has enough RAM and enough power to run the app. It's generally the better app if your device has enough space and can run smoothly. In general, Google Maps should be used by the masses. Only if you have problems with it, you should consider using Google Maps Go.