Raise your hand if that happened to you. You have 20 tabs open, and one of them seems to be playing music or rolling a video. You go crazy by clicking around to find out which one it is, and now you're getting angry. Fortunately, Google has a new Chrome desktop browser button that will allow you to pause (and play) music and videos on the tab you're on right now, without breaking the nightmare of finding the culprit first.
The This button is convenient for users who typically need to open multiple tabs, increase the volume on their computer, and turn off music quickly.
The new feature is still in the testing phase, so it may work differently after the official release. Here's how it works and how you can test it yourself. af8d-44d0-afb1
Angela Lang / CNET
Try this Chrome update first.
Make sure you have the latest update on your desktop, Chrome 77. If you know you already have it, go to the next section.
1. In your Chrome browser, select the three stacked dots in the upper-right corner.
2. Move your mouse over . Help and select About Google Chrome . If Google Chrome is up to date, you can skip this section.
3. Click Relaunch . Make sure you've saved everything you're working on. This restarts your Chrome tabs.
Now you have the latest version of Chrome and you can move on to the next step.
Enable the Pause / Play button
1. Open a Chrome browser and look for chrome: // flags / in the address bar.
2. Search in the field Find Flags after Global Media Controls .
3. Select Enabled from the drop-down box on the right.
4. Click Restart Now . Make sure you have saved everything as this restarts your browser.
5. Your toolbar now displays the Play button. Use this to start and stop audio.
Time to test
1. Open a website such as YouTube or the Spotify Web Player in your browser and select a song or video to play.
2. When ready to pause, click the Play button on the toolbar.
3. A box is displayed displaying the current video or title. Click on the Pause button.
4. Click the Play button to continue listening. There is also fast forward and reverse .
That was & # 39; s! Now you can easily pause and play videos from any tab.
Looking for more Google tips? Watch this Gmail trick that prevents spammers from following you. This is Google's newest method to help you find your pictures. Google Maps now navigates you a million times better.
Originally released earlier this week.