HBO is the world's largest premium cable and satellite television network. This success is primarily attributable to continued success with original and acclaimed TV shows and films, including massive hits such as Game of Thrones, Veep, Silicon Valley, and more recently Westworld. Fortunately, with two online services, HBO Now and HBO Go, HBO has made it easy for anyone in the US to access its content. Both allow users to access the network's extensive movie library as well as current and past TV shows.
But what if HBO Now or HBO Go does not work for you? Whether you're using the HBO Go or the HBO Now app, the corrections are essentially the same. Here are some possible fixes if HBO Go or HBO Now will not work for you.
Make sure you've entered the correct logon name and password
for HBO GO users if you've forgotten your e-mail address or password for your TV service provider You will need to contact your cable or satellite TV source directly to obtain this information. Details you used to log in or reset your password. If you've subscribed to HBO Now through the Hulu or Amazon Prime Video apps and services, you'll need to provide the email address and password for Hulu or Amazon Prime.
How to Fix HBO Go or HBO Now Streaming Problems at Home
If you find that HBO Now or HBO Go does not work in your home, these issues can be resolved through a number of measures.
- If you're experiencing streaming problems at home, you may want to restart your TV or the set-top box, game console, or handset to see if the issue is resolved.
- Turn off your home router for about 60 seconds, then restart it to see if the download stream is resolved.
- You can disable your modem for You can try to reinstall the HBO apps on your devices.
- If you're still experiencing streaming issues, your wireless router may be in a bad location and bad signals are being blocked. Try to move it to a more open area of the house. You can also try connecting the router directly to your Smart TV, set-top box, or game console. You need a download speed of at least 3 Mbps to access content from HBO Now or HBO Go.
- In very rare cases, a High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) error may occur if HBO Now or HBO Go are not working and you are using it on your game console or set-top box. If this happens, make sure all cables connecting your box to your TV are properly connected.
How to Fix HBO Now or HBO Go Problems on Smartphones and Tablets
If you find that HBO Now or HBO Go does not work properly on Android and / or iOS smartphones and tablets, you may find some Doing things.
- If you're on a mobile network, you may find the appropriate connection speed is not enough for a good streaming experience. In this case, it may be helpful to connect to a Wi-Fi signal. You can also turn airplane mode on and off, which sometimes fixes connection issues. You can also turn your mobile device off and on again.
- You can also fix some issues by restarting the apps. Uninstalling and reinstalling can also help. You can also try to clear the app caches to fix problems. If you have an Android device, go to Settings> Applications> Manage Applications, and select either "HBO Now" or "HBO Go". In both menus, find the "Clear cache" option and tap it. For iPhone and iPad in these apps, tap the menu button and on the Settings page, tap Delete Temporary Files.
- Finally, make sure that the latest app version for HBO Now or HBO Go is installed on your phone device. You may have encountered an error in the latest version of the app.
HBO Now or HBO Go may not be available.
While this is rare, it is possible that HBO Now and HBO Go will not work because they are not actually working just below. You may want to visit the DownDetector site to see if others are having problems. Also, a problem with your home Internet service may be causing the problem. In this case, you must contact your service provider.