The new tool makes it easier to find a recipe you saved, a funny meme you screenshotted or your bank account number. You can also use it to pinpoint a photo.
($ 1,000 at Amazon) . It's still rolling out, however, so check it out.powers this search feature. The company's image-searching software is available in Google Photos for Android and iPhone
Here's how to use the Google Photos tool to find your photos.
. 1 Open the Google Photos app.
2. Tap on the bar and type what you're looking for. For example, if you took a screenshot in Yelp or Google Maps of a coffee shop you just want to try, just type of coffee or the name of the business.
3. Once Google has spotted the image for you, tap on it.
4. Tap the Google Lens button on the bottom of the screen. It's a square with a dot in the center.
5. Google wants to highlight all the text in the photo. Tap on the words you want to copy.
6. Select Copy text .
7. Now you can paste the text wherever you need it.
Ready for more Google tips? Check out
Originally published last month.