It's been nearly a month since Apple announced its subscription news service. The service gives you access to premium news services and magazines for $ 9.99 a month. Apple launched the service with a 30-day free trial expiring on April 25, provided you signed up on the first day was available.
If you are not sold ($ 1
Using the Apple News App
- Open the Apple News app on your iPhone or iPad, and then tap the tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Manage Subscriptions ] Tap Cancel Free Trial and confirm your selection.
Cancel via the App Store
- Open the App Store app, and then tap your profile icon in the upper-right corner.
- When prompted, enter your Apple ID password.
- Tap . Manage subscriptions .
- Select Apple News Plus from the list of active subscriptions.
- Tap Cancel Free Trial and confirm your selection.
What about Mac users?
- To cancel the Apple News app on your Mac, open Apple News, and then click File > Manage Subscriptions in the menu bar.
- A window with a list of your active subscriptions appears. Find Apple News Plus and click Edit .
- Click Cancel Free Trial and confirm your selection.
When you cancel your free trial, you lose access to all magazines or premium messages immediately. Of course, the Apple News App will continue to work and give you access to the free content that was always available.
Originally published on April 22nd.
CNET may receive a commission from retailers.