If you were an early Google Stadia user who bought the Founder’s Edition in November 2019 and activated your service immediately, your free three-month trial of Stadia Pro will end soon. And depending on when your buddy pass was activated, it may expire soon.
If you don't want to pay $ 10 a month to keep it going, you may want to cancel it instead. But here's a question that may come to your mind: "What will happen to my games?"
The answer, like all things related to Stadia's current business model, is somewhat complicated. If you deactivate the renewal of your Stadia Pro subscription after the trial period has ended:
- You will lose access to all games that you, as a member, have used free of charge.
- You can continue to play any game that you purchased directly. [1
That makes sense – the games you bought for real money are not included behind the $ 10 monthly paywall and the "free" games that work much like PS Plus and Xbox Live Gold today.  Google reports The Verge that expired Stadia Pro subscribers "have access to the Stadia store to purchase additional games. "Finally, Google wants you to continue using and paying for Stadia in one way or another, but discounts on new games are an exclusive benefit for Stadia Pro members.
if you So choose to cancel, and be among the first to try Stadia Cloud Streaming’s free Google tier. According to Google’s support documentation for Stadia, your claimed games and their saved data will be waiting for you in the cloud, if you choose opting to re-register, but that doesn't mean Stadia isn't open to anyone yet, according to Google, Stadia Base will launch “in the next few months.” Then non-paying players can try it out for the first time, provided you have the right one Hardware, an internet connection and live in the United States or in the United States of Europe.
In this post, you will be taken through the steps that prevent your account from being charged via your Chrome browser or the Stadia phone app.
How to cancel Chrome
- Go to stadia.google.com and click your avatar in the top right corner of the Chrome browser screen.
- Click "Stadia Settings" in the drop-down menu.
- Then click on "Purchases and subscriptions".
- On the next screen you will be shown. I will of course see your purchases and subscriptions. If you would like to unsubscribe from Stadia Pro, click on "Unsubscribe".
How to cancel the Stadia app
- After opening the Stadia app, tap on the avatar in the top right corner of your phone's display.
- Click "Purchases" on the settings screen that appears.
- Then tap "Unsubscribe" under the "Stadia Pro" field.
Vox Media maintains partner partnerships. These have no impact on the editorial content, although Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased through affiliate links. You can find further information in our Ethics Policy .