If you're new to a Chromebook, you'll need to adjust it first by changing the background image. It's so easy, even your grandma could do it – and it only takes a minute or two. You can either use a custom Chromebook wallpaper or choose one of the wallpapers already available on the device. How to do that.
See also: Chromebook Buyer Guide
Use a custom Chromebook wallpaper
The first step to making sure The image you want to use as a Chromebook background is stored on the device. If it does not, find a great wallpaper online and download it to your Chromebook.
Continue reading: To take a screenshot on a Chromebook
Once done, click the circular Home icon¹ in the lower left corner of your screen, and then expand the window by clicking the up arrow ² – as shown in the screenshot above. Find and open Files, click Downloads, and locate the image you want to use as a Chromebook background. Then right-click on the image, select the "Set Background" option and you're done.
Step-by-step guide to changing the background on the Chromebook:
- Download a picture you want to use (19659011) Click the circular Home icon in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Click the up arrow.
- Find and open "Files".
- Click Downloads and locate the image you want to use as a Chromebook background.
- Right-click the image and choose Set Background.
Use a preinstalled Chromebook wallpaper
Choosing a preinstalled Chromebook wallpaper is even easier and faster than using a custom right mouse click on your desktop and select the "Set Background" option, then click on a picture you want to set as your wallpaper If you do not know which device to use, check the box next to "Amaze Me" and your device will dial Background image for you and shows you a new one from time to time.
Step by step instructions to change the background images on the Chromebook:
- Right-click on your desktop and choose Set Background.
- Click an image that you want to set as the Chromebook background.
- – Or check the box next to "Surprise Me" and your device will select the wallpaper for you.
Continue reading: Setting up Chromebook Parental Control
There you have it – so you can change the wallpaper on your Chromebook. Do you usually keep pre-installed wallpapers or opt for custom ones? Let us know in the comments!