Google Home ($ 89 at Walmart) The speakers come in a standard voice that is comfortable but still somewhat robotic. Thankfully, you do not have to settle for it.
You now have 10 votes to choose from, including one with a British accent and one with Australian intonation.
To change the voice for your Google Home speakers:
- Open the Google Home app for Android or iOS.
- On the home screen, tap the gear icon Settings . 19659009] Scroll down to More Settings .
- Select the Assistant tab, and then tap Assistant Voice .
- Tap the colored circles to hear a preview of each available voice.
- Once you have decided on a voice, just tap the back arrow ( [) at the top of the screen to save your preference.
Switching between these two settings Change the voice used in Assistant on your phone as well. This also means that you can achieve the same setting in Assistant.
Open the Assistant app on iOS or launch it on Android by holding down the Home button for a long time. In the top right corner, tap your profile picture and then tap the Assistant tab. Follow the instructions above to change the voice.
The CNET Guide to Smart Living: Everything you need to know to live a smarter life.
Smart Home 101: How to Create Your Own Smart Home.