With over 190 million subscribers worldwide, Netflix is by far the most popular premium video streaming service. It’s also the only service that has three different pricing plans for streaming. It’s designed so that more than one person can stream on the same account at the same time, along with the resolution of their devices, especially large screen TVs. So, should you know how to change your Netflix plan?
Continue reading: What’s new on Netflix?
If you’ve bought a new 4K TV or have family members who want to watch Stranger Things on their phone at the same time as Bodyguard on Netflix, consider signing up for one of the more expensive streaming plans. However, if you want to save some cash, you might be in the mood to switch to a cheaper subscription. You can sign up for the service with a 30-day free trial at the following link:
How to change your Netflix plan
How to change your Netflix plan. The process is almost exactly the same if you change your Netflix plan through your Android or iOS smartphone app, or through your PC web browser.
- Open the Netflix app on your smartphone and tap the “More” menu in the lower right corner of the screen. Simply move the cursor over your account profile in your PC web browser.
- Either way, tap or click the Account section.
- You will be taken to a webpage that shows a selection called “Planning Details” with your current plan and an option to “Change plan”. Tap or click on it.
- You will then see all three available plans. Just tap or click the plan you want to use, then tap or click the blue “Next” box below.
- You will then see one final screen with which Netflix plan you currently have and which one you are switching to. Tap or click the blue “Confirm Change” box to complete the process.
Note that your Netflix plan will not change until the start of your next monthly billing cycle.
The three Netflix streaming plans
Here’s a look at all three streaming plans Netflix is currently offering:
- Netflix Basic Plan ($ 8.99 per month) – This very basic plan is for the individual Netflix user only. Only one stream is supported at a time. The video resolution is also reduced to just 480p.
- Standard Netflix Plan ($ 12.99 per month) – If you have a wife, kids, and / or don’t have the newer 4K TVs at home, the standard Netflix plan is for you. It allows up to two simultaneous streams on the same account at the same time. The video resolution is also up to 1080p.
- Netflix Reward Plan ($ 15.99 per month) – If you’ve just bought that great new 4K TV and you want to watch Netflix movies and shows in 4K videos, then sign up for the Premium plan. It also increases the account’s simultaneous stream limit to four streams at a time.
Read: Netflix not working Here’s what you can do to change that
Here’s how you can change your Netflix plan. We’ll update this post as the service makes changes to its procedures.