It has not always been easy to change the name of your PlayStation Network account (PSN). In fact, Sony did not allow account holders to do so until April 2019. Now each account can change their username once for free. Any changes made after that cost $ 4.99 if you're a PlayStation Plus subscriber, or $ 9.99 for everyone else.
Whether you have exceeded your username or just wanted to change it, we will guide you through the process. However, there are some warnings that need to be gone through first.
If you play mainly newer games (especially games released after April 1
Just before you change your name, Sony notifies you in a number of ways that some of your valuable game data may be affected. It is stored locally or in the cloud:
- Your previous online ID may be used in some areas You and other players remain visible.
- You may lose game progress, including saved game data, ranking data, and progress toward trophies.  Parts of your game and applications may not work properly online and offline.
- You may lose access to content (including paid content) that you have purchased for your games, including content such as add-ons and virtual currency.  If you have not changed your username yet, do the following:
Using a Web Browser
- The first thing to do is log in to your Sony account. Then the name of your PSN account (Sony calls it your "Online ID") will be displayed as the topmost option in the window. Click "Edit" to change your username.
- Before you can proceed, Sony issues the above warnings. Click "I accept" if you want to continue.
- The next step contains more warnings. Sony advises you that if you have a problem, you can undo the change and restore your old username. However, it is also cautioned that this may not resolve any issues if they occur. In other words, there is a possibility that something gets mixed up. If you agree with the risk, go ahead.
Using a PlayStation 4
- On the main dashboard of your PS4, navigate to "Settings" and select "Possibility." Click on it, then select "Account Information"> "Profile"> "Online ID".
- You see the same alerts that Sony browsers display before you allow us to change your username.
- After accepting these warnings, you can enter a new username
How do I get back my old username?
19659017] According to Sony, you can recover an older user's name for free by contacting the PlayStation support team on the weekdays between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm and on weekdays between 6:00 am and 10:00 pm As well as on weekends between 7:00 and 20:00 by online chat reach.
As I have already mentioned, Sony must remember that this is not the case Make sure that by returning to I Your old username will resolve any issues that may have occurred with the new username.
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These do not affect editorial content, although Vox Media may earn commissions on products purchased through affiliate links. For more information, see of our Ethics Policy .