Regardless of how you pronounce the word, a GIF is often the perfect way to express emotions. These animated pictures can say more than the 1,000 words a still picture expresses, but it's also "more nasal" than a full-fledged video. Have you ever wondered how they are made? Today we are here to show you how to make GIFs. After this tutorial, you can create the next viral GIF.
How to create GIFs using Giphy
Many automated online services can create GIFs. Among them are Ezgif, Gfycat and Giphy. Today we use the latter, which has long been considered an unbeatable GIF champion. This is probably due to their extensive library, ease of use and quality. It's also easy to share these creations with the world, making Giphy an ever-expanding GIF machine.
The process should be similar to other online GIF creators.
- Using Call Giphy.com from any browser.
- Click Create in the upper right corner to invoke the GIF Maker .
- You'll see three options available to turn your pictures or videos into GIFs that you can upload. Alternatively, you can enter a URL for each online video, including those in Youtube or Vimeo. Videos must be shorter than 100 MB or 15 seconds.
- Use the sliders to select the start time and GIF duration.
- Select Continue to Decorate . You can now customize your GIF with captions, filters, stickers, and drawings.
- Select . Continue to upload when finished.
- Select your tags and click Upload to Giphy .
Here's a GIF I just created with Giphy:
Create a GIF with your smartphone  A photo Play Store with Free and Paid Apps "width =" 840 "height =" 473 "srcset =" https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Google-Play-Store-Top- Charts.jpg 840w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Google-Play-Store-Top-Charts-300×170.jpg 300w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/ wp-content / uploads / 2019/04 / Google Play Store Top Charts-768×432.jpg 768w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Google-Play-Store Top Charts 16×9.jpg 16w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Google-Play-Store-Top-Charts-32×18.jpg 32w, https: // cdn57 .androidauthority.net / wp-content / uploads / 2019/04 / Google Play Store Top Charts-28×16.jpg 28w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/up loads / 2019/04 / Google Play Store Top Charts 56×32.jpg 56w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Google-Play-Store-Top-Charts -64×36.jpg 64w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Google-Play-Store-Top-Charts-712×400.jpg 712w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net /wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Google-Play-Store-Top-Charts-792×446.jpg 792w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Google-Play- Store Top Charts 770×433.jpg 770w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Google-Play-Store-Top-Charts-355×200.jpg 355w "sizes =" ( max-width: 840px) 100vw, 840px "/>
That was easy. Imagine, you do it from your smartphone. You can use the GIF Maker from Giphy technically through the browser of your device. However, a mobile-friendly solution is a much better idea for creating entertaining GIFs on the go.
There are a variety of apps that you can use to build GIFs. We've created a post with our favorite GIF creators, which you can get by clicking the button below.
Creating a GIF with Photoshop
- Open Photoshop with your computer.
- Switch to File .
- Hover over
- Import and select
- Video frames in layers … .
- Select a video and press . Open All video becomes GIF, leave option From beginning to end .
- To trim the video, select the option Only selected area and use the trim controls to set the beginning and end of your GIF. You can also restrict the frames used.
- Now you can edit your layers / frames like any other image in Photoshop. Color correction, exposure, contrast, and highlights are just a few of the options available to you.
- If you are ready to export, select File move the mouse pointer over Export . , and select Save for Web (Legacy) … .
- You can play here with the settings or simply click Save and get your GIF.
Three ways to create a GIF from a video. You can use fancy software, a simple mobile app, or an online tool. Regardless of your choices, make sure your GIF is fun. After all, that's all that matters.