Facebook is the world's largest social media site. People are always up to date and upload a ton of photos. Hundreds of millions of photos are taken every day. This means that you may want to delete some of them. After all, potential employers can look through your photos and there are some old memories that you might not want to relive. We can show you how to delete Facebook photos on almost any platform.
Deleting Facebook photos on Android and iOS
The mobile Facebook app is not & # 39; It is as powerful as it used to be. In fact, it's a pretty bad place to manage all your Facebook photos. However, you can use the mobile app to do some basic cleanup when really needed.
Deleting individual photos
It is relatively easy to delete individual photos. Just open the photo you want to delete and press the menu button (three dots). Select the option "delete photo" and confirm. After that, your Facebook photo will be deleted. This also works for profile photos and title photos.
Deleting Facebook Photo Albums and Mass Deletion of Photos
This is a bit tricky, but fully implementable in the current Facebook app. You can not select photos as you would in your gallery app or so on a massive scale. However, there are several ways to delete photos at once.
- Open Facebook, navigate to your profile page and select "See all photos".
- Swipe left on this screen until you reach the Albums tab.
- Click the main page of an album and tap the three-dot menu button in the top right corner. Select the option "Delete" and confirm at the command prompt that the album should be deleted together with every photo in the album.
With this little trick you can also delete Facebook photos in bulk. Just create a new one-way album and add all the photos you no longer need to the album. Then delete the album and all the photos you no longer need. It is a bit boring, but works quite well.
This method was tested on an Android device. However, the methods should also be widely applicable for the iPhone and iPad versions. We also want to point out that you can not delete some albums, including profile pictures, featured photos, videos, or cover pictures. The three-point option is not displayed for these albums.
Deleting Facebook Photos on the Web
The site version works much the same as the apps today. You can delete individual photos or photo albums as with the mobile versions. Since this works the same in every web browser, this method also works for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Deleting individual photos
There are two ways to delete individual Facebook photos on the Web. Luckily, both methods are short and fast.
- Open any photo on the website and hover over the photo. A number of controls appear at the bottom of the photo.
- Click Options and choose Delete Photo. Facebook will ask you if you are sure. Confirm the deletion and the photo is gone.
- Navigate to your profile and click the Photos tab. This will show you a large grid view of all your photos.
- In the upper right corner of each photo is a symbol with a pencil. Click on this icon and select the "Delete this photo" option.
- Optionally, you can use this method to remove tags. Just use the "remove tag" option when you see it.
Delete photo albums (and delete photos en masse)
Unfortunately, there is no easy way to delete photos on Facebook on the web in bulk. With a bit of creativity and the ability to delete albums, you can actually delete Facebook photos fairly quickly.
- Navigate to your profile on the site, and then click the Photos tab. On the next page you can select photos of you, your photos and albums. Select albums.
- On the album page you will find a three-point icon on the bottom right for all the albums you have created. Click on it and select the option "Delete album".
Deleting a Facebook album deletes all photos in the album. To bulk delete photos, create a new album and save any photos you do not want. After that, just delete the album and the photos in it have also disappeared. Some albums created by Facebook (eg profile pictures) still can not be deleted in this way. However, you should be able to delete all the albums you have created.
Delete Facebook Photos on the Mobile Web
This method is not too different from the others, but is a little different. We thought we would include them in this tutorial.
Deleting individual photos in the mobile web web
There are a few minor methods. To be honest, this version of Facebook feels much more disorganized than the desktop website or the mobile app. Anyway, let's go.
- Open your browser, navigate to Facebook, and log in if you have not already.
- Navigate to your profile, scroll down, and click the "See all photos" option.
- Find the photo you want to delete and tap it to open it.
- Click the "More Options" hyperlink directly below the photo. On the next screen, you should see options for turning the photo left or right or deleting the photo. Click on Delete and confirm on the next page to delete the photo.
Deleting albums (and mass extinguishing photos) on the mobile web
Again, this differs only slightly from the regular website and mobile apps. However, it is so different that it may be confusing. Please note that this way you can not delete any albums created by Facebook, such as profile photos or title photos. This only works with albums you have created.
- Navigate to the Facebook website and your profile as usual. Scroll down in your profile and click the "See all photos" option.
- The upper half of the next screen should have some of your albums with the option to show the rest. Click here to view all your albums.
- Select the album you want to delete. When the next page is loaded, there is a three-point menu button in the upper right corner. Click on it and choose "Edit".
- On the next page, you can delete the album along with all the photos it contains.
This option allows you to delete photos in the same way as with the bulk of mobile apps and desktop website. Create a disposable album, add the photos you do not want, and then delete the album to delete all those photos.
It's strange how the mobile site requires extra steps that the regular website and mobile apps do not need. However, deleting photos on Facebook's mobile website is still pretty easy and fast.
There are several other ways to do that. Google Chrome extensions like these will erase your entire Facebook history, although it may take some experimentation. However, this is much more than deleting some old photos. Therefore, we recommend the "Nuclear" option only if you plan to permanently disable Facebook.