Did you accidentally click on a show on Amazon Prime Video that you are not interested in? You have seen something embarrassing in a joint account and are now flooded with even more shameful recommendations? You can remedy this by deleting your Amazon Prime video history. Here is a step-by-step guide.
Deleting the Amazon Prime Video History in Your Browser
Like Netflix, Prime Video saves your play history to improve the recommendations. If a program or movie that you do not like has recently been displayed without interruption, it's time to delete similar items from your watch history. To do this from your browser:
- Go to the Amazon website and log in to your Amazon Prime account.
- Hover over Accounts & Lists in the upper right corner and select your Prime Video from the drop-down menu.
- If you're on the Prime Video page, click Settings again in the right corner. You will be redirected to an account and settings page.
- Click the Watch History tab followed by View Watch History . All the movies and shows you've seen recently will be there. This includes videos you have viewed on other devices, such as your smartphone, Fire TV, and so on.
- To remove a show or movie from your history, just click Remove this from the video . You can also check the "I prefer not to use this option for recommendations" option if you only need accurate recommendations.
Unfortunately, there is no way to clear the entire Amazon Prime video history in one go in your browser. You must remove each item carefully.
How to Clear the Search History in the Amazon Prime Video App
The Prime Video app does not have an option to view or delete your watch history. However, you can still remove your search history – we can not judge this! So it's on most versions of the Android app:
- Open the Prime Video app.
- Tap the menu button (three lines) in the upper left corner and then tap Settings . 19659006] Tap Delete Video Search Protocol .
That's all you have to do! For some international versions of the Android Prime Video app, you must first navigate to My Videos at the bottom of the screen and then tap the Settings gear in the upper-right corner. The same settings menu opens where you can select Delete Video Search History.
Here are our tips on how to delete your Amazon Prime video log. Did we help you to improve your recommendations? Let us know in the comments.