At this year's Worldwide Developer Conference, Apple unveiled the latest version of its mobile operating system – iOS 12. While the update mainly focuses to provide a faster and more responsive operating system for a range of older iPhones and iPads. It also includes a variety of new apps and features.
As usual, the final release will be released in fall with new iPhone devices. But for those who can not wait that long, you can still try the public beta. To install it now:
First, make sure that your device can run iOS 1
See the supported iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices:
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X
- iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4 iPad 9.7 Inch, iPad Pro 9.7 Inch, iPad Pro 12.9 Inch, iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPod touch (sixth generation)
Back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Before you upgrade to iOS 12 beta, make sure your device's data is backed up , If you lose something while downloading the new operating system, it's easy to restore things to their original state.
You can back up data on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch via iCloud or iTunes on a PC or Mac.
To secure an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud:  Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
If you want to back up your device with a computer, you can use the built-in backup feature on iTunes.
How to back up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iTunes:
- Make sure iTunes is up-to-date Current version, open it, and connect your iOS device.
- Follow the steps on the screen when a message asks for your device password or Trust this computer.
- Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch When it appears in iTunes
- You can save health and activity data from your iOS device or Apple Watch by selecting Encrypt and creating a passcode. If you do not want to save your health and activity data, just click Back up .
- After the process is complete, you can verify that the backup was completed successfully by clicking iTunes Settings> Devices (on a Mac) or Edit> Settings> Devices (on a PC).
Downloading the public beta version of iOS 12
To download the beta version, go to beta.apple.com on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and tap Getting Started. You will then be asked to register your device for which you need to log in with your Apple ID. After that you have to download the configuration profile.
Install iOS 12 Beta on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Be aware that there are some quirks in betas, so we do not recommend installing iOS 12 on your primary phone at the moment.