The newest social media filter is an anime filter for Snapchat that will turn you into a real anime character.
The face filter, called Anime Style, first appeared on the app earlier this year and it adjusts your facial expressions in real time.
Here’s how to get the filter in the app to try it out.
DON’T I TRY THE ANIME SNAPCHAT FILTER AND LOVE THE RESULT ???????????? # animefilter #snapchat pic.twitter.com/H1EiNxNUtt
– ???? Gia ???? (@acnh_gia) September 23, 2020
How to Get the Anime Filter for Snapchat
Most people can find the filter at the bottom of all of the other Snapchat filters, but some people still report being unable to find the filter. If you haven’t found the filter yet, this is where you can make sure it is added.
- You’ll need to download the latest version of Snapchat first if you haven’t already.
- Open the app and rotate the lens towards you as if you were taking a selfie.
- Click the smiley filter button to the right of the main button.
- Click the Explore button in the lower right corner of the filter options.
- Search for Anime style Use the search bar. Make sure the filter’s creator is Snapchat as the results will include many other anime face filters.
- You can now take a selfie to see what you would look like as an anime character.
- You can also click the Camera Roll option to apply the filter to any photo on your phone.
A small disadvantage of the filter is that it can only “anime” the face of one person at a time. Also, the filter only acts on your face, not your body.
How to get the Anime Filter on TikTok
Unfortunately, the anime filter is exclusive to Snapchat, but that hasn’t stopped intrepid fans from posting about it on other social media platforms.
You can save any captured Snapchat videos and import them into TikTok to share the filter there.