Microsoft still needs to commit to a release date, but if its name is an indication – Windows 10 October 2018 Update – then we can expect the next major Windows update to come next month. It will introduce a number of new features, including app for iPhone and Android devices using the app Users and less annoying approach to restart your PC to install incremental updates.a better screenshot tool, the
If you want to get started with the Windows 1
Before we move, allow me a word of caution.
Before you install a major operating system update, we recommend backing up the system if you experience problems during installation. You can easily upload important files to your preferred cloud service or external drive. The backup service built into Windows can be found at Settings> Update & Security> Backup .
How to Install the Windows 10 Update October 2018 Early
To download and install a preview version of Windows, you must join the Windows Insider program. Do not worry, it's free and easy to join. An exclusive club is not the insider program.
- Open Settings and click Update & Security .
- Click Windows Insider Program in the left column and click Getting Started
- Click Link to an Account Select yours Microsoft account and click Continue .
- For the question, "What kind of content do you want to receive?" Your answer will be Active Development of Windows .
- For the question: "What speed do you want for new buildings [at]?" Your answer will be Fast if you want them fast and are willing to settle for the occasional bug or Slow if you do not have to be the first for any new preview and build install updates after fixing any preview errors.
- To exit, click Restart Now to restart your PC and start installing Windows 10 Version 1809 (aka October 2018 Update, aka Restone) 5, aka rs5_release. At the time of writing I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview 17754.1.
To check if the update was installed on your PC, go to Settings> Update & Security> Windows Update and see If Windows 10, Version 1809 is Installed. If not, click the button to check for updates that should begin installation.
Opt-out preview after official release
After the official release of Windows 10 October 2018 Upgrade, you can disable the insider program by going to Settings> Update & Security> Windows Insider Program , and click on the Stop Insider Preview Builds button.